Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:36 PM   #1

So when I go to the picture maker, and print (or load) my photos into the machine (off disc) The Kodak program shows always wants my image to be physically smaller than what it is supoosed to be.... and cuts portions out of my photo to fit. I spend time "resizing" my images, to ensure 8x10 and whatnot, yet the picturemaker says it is more like 10x10? What sizes do the picture makers really use? How can I overcome this issue, it is beoming tiring and expensive to plan and print pictures that are not exactly what you expected, all because of sizing?

Any help would be great!!
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:53 AM   #2

If you want to continue trying the local photo kiosks, perhaps you should email Kodak to find out if they can answer your question. Fuji also has picture machines (I haven't tried theirs) - maybe theirs would work better for you.

Another option is to avoid the kiosk altogether and upload your photos to an online site for printing. Some, like www.kodakgallery.com let you preview the image exactly as it will print. You can also turn their automatic "zoom & trim" option off or on to change how it will process your print. I've used their services quite a lot and their previews are accurate. The downside is that you don't get the pictures immediately, you'll have to ship them to your home or a local store where you can pick them up (this option is less expensive).
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 3:54 PM   #3

thanks for the great advice, but I found the link doesn't work.?? Has it been missspelled by chance? Merry Christmas!!
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 8:50 AM   #4

I thought I had fixed the link. Let's try this again. http://www.kodakgallery.com

Okay - both links are working for me now.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote