Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 4, 2003, 7:16 PM   #1

Default Dirty rollers epson 1280

Having problems with ink smudging with my epson 1280..seems to be dirtry rollers .what part and how do i clean it?
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2003, 7:22 PM   #2

I clean the rollers with isopropyl alcohol and a 100% cotton cloth. I have in the past used wash cloths until my wife caught me. I now use old t shirts. Make sure that the printer is off.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 7:24 PM   #3

I've also used Q-tips to clean the rollers. Works well--just make sure that the rollers are completely dry (which doesn't take long at all with isopropyl alcohol) before feeding paper through.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 10:33 PM   #4

Thanks '
I'll give it a try
d77avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2003, 11:10 PM   #5

Q-tips and WATER! The ink is water soluble as long as you don't get it on your skin (then it becomes permanent and takes a few days to wear off). Then I just run through a few scrap (cheap) pages to dry it. I started doing this with my first Epson inkjet (600) and also my 880.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 12:11 AM   #6

Yeah he ain't kidding when he means permanent. The epson ink gets on my shirt it takes about 10 washes to make it fade away
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 1:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregersonsalvage
Yeah he ain't kidding when he means permanent. The epson ink gets on my shirt it takes about 10 washes to make it fade away
You could always do it naked, but if you get the ink on certain parts of your body...might make things interesting in the bedroom, or in the changing room! :lol:
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 2:08 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregersonsalvage
You could always do it naked, but if you get the ink on certain parts of your body...might make things interesting in the bedroom, or in the changing room! :lol:
That would work if I had a significant other to share such foolishness with. But then again She'd probably laugh at me for coming up with such an expensive way of bodypainting. Use refills they are much cheaper.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:36 AM   #9

per epson: do not use benzine, alcohol, or thinner for cleaning they can damage components and case.

alcohol will dry out the rubber in the rollers eventually cracking them and causing you to blame epson for making cheap stuff and using harsh words on your 1280. they make cleaning pages that you send through a few times and or a damp pad only.

read your enclosed 1280 manual or call the epson 800 tech support number.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote