Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 26, 2005, 5:43 PM   #1

What is the difference between these three AC adaptors? The first one ranges in price from $45 to $70. The last two are on Ebay and are only $14.99 and $4.99. I want to plug the camera in to the house outlet when I transfer pics to my computer. I'm confused as to why the prices vary so much. Can somebody please explain. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/tec...2394 &s=photo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACK-600-AC-Power...cm dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-ACK-600-AC...cmdZV iewItem
socalcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:35 AM   #2

One possible difference is the more expensive ones are probably regulated. While the cheapies are not. I would go with the better, for the cameras sake.

The first also looks like a universal adapter, they are always more expensive. The 4 dollar one is probably a camera killer.

I just use my batteries, I recharge after shooting anyway.
Steve40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:50 PM   #3

Steve40 wrote:
Quote:
One possible difference is the more expensive ones are probably regulated. While the cheapies are not. I would go with the better, for the cameras sake.

The first also looks like a universal adapter, they are always more expensive. The 4 dollar one is probably a camera killer.

I just use my batteries, I recharge after shooting anyway.

Thanks for the response. I just bought a charger and batteries and plan on using them instead of spending extra on an AC adaptor. I'm thinking/hoping the AC adaptor isn't really a necessity.
socalcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:15 AM   #4

As a solution for transferring pictures and movies tothe computer, I have a memory card reader for my computer. You can get them for good prices every once in awhile (sometimes free after rebate!) for the appropriate memory card (in our case, SD).

I haven't attached my Canon A610 via USB to my computer yet; for now, all of the pictures come directly off the memory card and hence, no need to power up the camera while transferring pictures. It's been very nice because of thesimplicity of manually plugging the memory card into my memory card reader and then accessing the memory card as a new drive letter on my computer.
JasonJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote