Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:48 AM   #1

I get this error message, when i turn on the camera, but the Kodak Service people informed that the whole lens assembly needs to be replaced., which is the same cost as purchasing a new digital camera.

Can anyone suggest anything.?
to have this issue resolved.

Thanks
Vijufrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:43 PM   #2

Yes contact KODAK at www.kodak.comand see what they can do for you. KODAK has been nothing but outstanding when it's come to giving me service after the sale.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:56 PM   #3

Just go buy a new camera, the lens alignment is screwed, and the service people are telling you the truth. The lenses on these small camerasare notoriously bad for that, don't touch, blow, or look at them to hard.
Steve40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:10 AM   #4

I have contacted Kodak Service Center,

They have suggested that the LS433 can be returened to them & i can get a new camera with 30% off on MRP

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:11 AM   #5

If i have to service this Camera, The cost of Service, is equal to purchasign a Brand New Latest Digital Camera that Kodak offers
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:19 AM   #6

Maybe a bit late for you, I'm sorry, but it may help others

Your lens or shutter is stuck, its unlikely to be broken unless you have droped it. A new lens isnot needed.....

There are 2 probable, worth a try fixes which so far have worked for me everytime with many kodak compact cameras.

1 If your camera is out of gteegive it a good hard slap, the kodak rangeare notorious for jammed lenses and shutter, the shutter and appiturebeing just a thin sliver of plastic, any damp tends to make them stick together, so far Ive "fixed"many kodaksby giving it a good hard slap, hold the camera and bash the edge next to the lens against the palm of you hand as hard as you can, one I did have to get a little more medieval on and bashed aginst a bit of carpet on the bench.. but it worked... might be worth a go if the next step is the bin... (also had this work for the "camera takes pictures but all is black problem on earlier cameras)

2 if the above has no effect it may be the lens contats or jamed in grit in the gears of the lens. open the camera and on the side of the lens you will see a set of contacts with thin finger like wires that feedback to the cpu to tell it where the lens is, check that all is clean and that none of the fingers have become bent.
for grit, you will see the motor next to the lens, with a needle look where the gear meshes with the lens and see if you can see any bits lodged in the gear where it meets the lens housing and flip it out with the needle.

Else I'll give you a fiver for it <GRIN>

hope that helps
jay

zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:17 AM   #7
McT

zarn wrote
Quote:

There are 2 probable, worth a try fixes which so far have worked for me everytime with many kodak compact cameras.

1 If your camera is out of gteegive it a good hard slap, the kodak rangeare notorious for jammed lenses and shutter, the shutter and appiturebeing just a thin sliver of plastic, any damp tends to make them stick together, so far Ive "fixed"many kodaksby giving it a good hard slap, hold the camera and bash the edge next to the lens against the palm of you hand as hard as you can, one I did have to get a little more medieval on and bashed aginst a bit of carpet on the bench.. but it worked... might be worth a go if the next step is the bin... (also had this work for the "camera takes pictures but all is black problem on earlier cameras)

2 [...]

Else I'll give you a fiver for it <GRIN>

hope that helps
jay

#1 worked perfect for me (I still can't believe it)

thx

McT
McT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:35 PM   #8

Default Zarn - Thanks!!

I was so upset I would have to get rid of my camera or lose my photos in it. Thanks!!

Your advice:

Your lens or shutter is stuck, its unlikely to be broken unless you have droped it. A new lens isnot needed.....

Was all that was needed!! Thanks again!
Uniklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:10 PM   #9

In the '80s, Apple bought the hard disk drives for the Macintosh IIci from Sony. Sony happened to use the wrong grease to lube the shaft, so sometimes, if the computer hadn't been used in a while, when you first turned on the IIci, the hard disk drive wouldn't spin up and the computer wouldn't boot. If you called Apple's technical Support, they would tell you to lift the left side of the computer about 2-3 inches and let it fall. That was enough of a jolt to get the hard disk drive spinning again.

The world is a strange place.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 8:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
In the '80s, Apple bought the hard disk drives for the Macintosh IIci from Sony. Sony happened to use the wrong grease to lube the shaft, so sometimes, if the computer hadn't been used in a while, when you first turned on the IIci, the hard disk drive wouldn't spin up and the computer wouldn't boot. If you called Apple's technical Support, they would tell you to lift the left side of the computer about 2-3 inches and let it fall. That was enough of a jolt to get the hard disk drive spinning again.

The world is a strange place.
This is the high tech solution for the Twenty First Century!!!!!!!

I'm laughing so hard, I'm going to cry. I also did this with an old Atari I had. Whenever it wouldn't boot, I'd let it drop from a couple of inches.

Hard to imagine, but it works!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote