Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 5, 2003, 3:06 PM   #1

Default Digital camera for ebay

:P I am ready for my second digital camera. I have been using a oylmpus D360L for several years and it is time. I have been selling a lot on ebay but smaller jewelry size items blur even with macro setting. I need a camera that is simple but gives clear images at close range. The oylmpus was great for starters but I would like something with a zoom lens that can be accessed fast. Also the buttons on the oylmpus were small . I am not opposed to buying a used one because I do not want to go for the $500 or $600 models. I don't need all the fancy extras just something quick and easy with a good zoom lens. Pref. smart card but not locked into that. Battery life should be good.
bellacarmella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:00 PM   #2

The D360L had only a digital zoom. How much optical are you wanting? 3X optical zoom, you could choose the Olympus D550 3mp, 3X optical(same camera body as your 360L) or you could upgrade to the Olympus C4040, 4mp, 3X optical. 360L should run less than $250 and the 4040 less than $500. If your looking for more zoom tell us.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:53 PM   #3

Default Re: Digital camera for ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellacarmella
... smaller jewelry size items blur even with macro setting.
First figure out why you have a blur. Was it shake (any unintentional camera motion while the shutter is open)? Shooting macros hand-held can real easily have shake. If that is the problem, a tripod will solve your problem using your current camera.

Take a look at the EXIF data for your blurry pictures. Is there a long (more than 1/100th second) exposure? You might get away with a longer exposure than that, but 1/10th would be really pushing hand-held macros. Also look at the picture in detail - if it is shake, there will be no part of the picture that is clear. If it is poor focus, something might be in focus - just not what you want.

In short - don't blame the camera until you rule out other possibilites.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 8:34 PM   #4

Default Re: Digital camera for ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDrew
In short - don't blame the camera until you rule out other possibilites.
Yes, a good photographer can take an good picture with a $10 drugstore camera, while a poor photographer will still take bad pictures with a $10,000 camera. Not that I'm suggesting anything, it's just the reality.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote