Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:09 PM   #1

Default HP 720 in Ecuador- want to email photos-help!

Hi, I'm hoping for a computer genuis that has a bit of time to help me out. I'm currently in Ecuador with my HP 720 and I'd like to email photos. I didn't bring the software disk and I haven't been able to find an internet cafe with Windows XP. So I'm trying to follow the directions for unloading photos included in the HP handbook- it says that I can switch my camera to "disk drive" and have the computer think that the camera is another drive. I've done that- but I honestly have no clue what to do next. Nothing helpful popped up like "hey- do you want to unload these photos?" So I'm basically clueless. Is there anyone out there that can walk me through making the computer understand that I'd like it to take the photos from my camera?

The cafe nearest to my house is using Windows Millenium- but there's also cafes using 98 and probably even 95.

I would so appreci ate any help!
feminist_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:10 PM   #2

oh- you could email me directly if you so desire- the email is feminist_mama@hotmail.com

Thanks!
feminist_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2003, 4:27 PM   #3

After you set your camera to communicate with the computer (don't know what that is on your camera--on my Olympus it's putting it in view picture mode), check Windows Explorer. If the HP 720 camera is a "storage-class" device, then it'll show up as a removable drive on the computer. Typically, C: drive is the hard drive, D: would be the CD-ROM drive, and then if there was no other drives on the computer, it'd show up as E: removable drive. At this point you can copy the picture files over to the computer's hard drive using copy/cut and paste option.

Good luck!
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote