Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 7, 2003, 3:37 PM   #1

Default How do I put a picture under my name?

Not sure what it is called but some board members have pictures under their name. Just wondering how they did that. Sorry this post has nothing to do with cameras Hehe.

Thanks,

Shiggy
shiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2003, 3:46 PM   #2

Right click on a picture (like Gibsonpd3620 - he won't mind) and look at 'properties'. It's not actually a picture on this forum site but a link to a picture file somewhere else - like your own website!

That way if you tried doing naughty things - you'd get your website closed down!!
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 3:46 PM   #3

It's called your "avatar"--click on the Profile link on top of the forum screen, and at the very bottom of that Profile screen, type in the URL of where the photo you want to use is stored (obviously, upload the photo to that spot first).
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 4:01 PM   #4

Does it count as a "hit" on the website counter every time the Avatar is opened up on somebody's computer while they are reading the board here?
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 4:41 PM   #5

Hi Stu--

Can't answer that directly as my ISP does not provide a counter on how many times a non-webpage-embedded image gets accessed. My ISP will only report on how many megabytes have been downloaded from my webspace.

Just to go off on a tangent here... my avatar file is 7KB. My ISP allows for 300MB worth of download access per month. So, my postings will have to be accessed 43,885 times for me to max out on my download limit. Of course, this will change with whether someone's browser's set to cache images from previous visits to the same page, etc.
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 4:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun
So, my postings will have to be accessed 43,885 times for me to max out on my download limit.
Hey, it sounds like someone's issuing a challenge! ;-D
Doug39 is offline   Reply With Quote