Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:10 AM   #1

Hello Gents. Looking to place an order for a DC, thinking about getting the Panasonic DMC-FZ30 or maybe the Fuji S9000 (Little worried about quality issues there.) Anyway, looking around on the net, it seems like 85% of the on-line stores are cons. (Bait and Switch.) I can not beleive that these people can stay in business with there practices. Im surprised that the BBB dosentcheck into this. Is this legal?Ive read more HORROR:shock: stories with camera purchases then any other type of hobby I'm into, such as cars, motorcycles, RC cars, ect,ect. I've NEVER really had on-line order problem before, but Im scared to death to place an orderfor a camera on-line. I thought about going to the local Camera shop in town, but there $250.00+ more for the camera:shock::shock:. Anyway, I thought maybe you guys could suggest a business that won't try and sell me everything under the sun to complete my order and have a great price to go with it. Here are some business I thought about ordering from. WAWA Digital has the best price for the DMC, but I need to call to see if its a refurb.

digitalfuze.com

WAWADigital.com

Broadwayphoto.com

They seem to have good prices and have a rating of 4.5-5.0 stars ot of 5.

Thanks guys......
Cwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:34 AM   #2

Bought my Fuji E550 at EBuyer.com. No problem there. Bought the Fuji S9000 at Dell. No promblem there also. You can look at B&H photo, New Egg and One Call.

Have not used the last three, but have heard good things about them from people I work with. Just make sure you check there return policies before buying.

Good luck,

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:20 AM   #3

I've bought gear from http://newsite.pagecomputers.com/store/ and from http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:54 AM   #4

Did a little more research on WAWA, (What a name.):roll:anyway, from what Ive read, they do send the product, but i guess it would be called the grey market?? The manuals are not in english. They have been reported to the BBB. Here is what they had to say:

Consumers report that cameras purchased from this firm are represented as U.S. models under warranty, but are in fact foreign models not covered by manufacturer warranties. Consumers also report experiencing difficulty contacting customer service, as well as hostile attitudes from representatives after requesting refunds or declining to purchase additional items.

Also found out they do business under half dozen other names.

Accessories Land

I.N.S. Digital World

Stargate Photo

The Camera Whiz

Wawa Digital

Here is the link if anybody is interested:

http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessre....aspx?id=74756

I guess its back to do a little more research.....:bye:

Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:30 AM   #5

Hi

I just purchased a camer from 17photo.com. I feel that there was no bate and switch, and i got my order when i should have. I don't like to purchase things on line, if i can get the same product at a reasonable cost from a local store, but no one had my camera. By the way i purchased a Canon a610, and a wireless flash. It was about $80.00 cheeper that purchasing localy. I will consider them again in the future as the needs come along.

good luck

gean :|

gean d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:12 PM   #6

WAWA is one of my all-time favorites...take a look:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9573.html

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0062.htm

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:47 PM   #7

I bought my FZ30 from Beach Camera and it was shipped the same day with NO call from salespeople trying to sell me options or upgrades.
gerald_clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:57 PM   #8

Thanks Hun, :lol:Looking at the store front makes me want to order from them right away..... :lol:I gues when they say, "A PICTURE means a thousand words" they weren't kidding.....

Thanks for the Link/pics........

I'll check into Beach Camera and I guess Buydig.com is the same place. Anybody try Butterflyphoto? They "Seem" to have a good rep.

P.S. Anybody know why "MOST" if not ALL cameraon-line businessesare in New York??:roll:

Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:37 PM   #9

I always buy from either B&H Photo or Adorama. Never had any issues and their websites are very easy to use and very descriptive of products for sale.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 5:05 PM   #10

Thanks rjseeney, I'll check them out.