Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 20, 2003, 8:08 PM   #21

That's the problem with a convergence device like a digital camera...do you use photographic resolutions, or computer resolutions?

If you used photographic resolutions the picture wouldn't fill a computer monitor or a TV.

Digital cameras are getting better now and more have both sets of resolutions built in so you can choose depending on your application. The first still video camera I used (Canon Xapshot) didn't even bother with all this...the resolution was designed for TV only.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 9:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Quote:
I do think that most photos are 4x6 not 4x7
Well my Fuji 602 is 1.33:1 aspect which is 4x6.5, and that's an optional size of print I ask for from a Fuji Frontier printer.

Never had to crop a print for family shots yet on a 300dpi print - max pixel to print efficiency!
Umm... 1.33:1 is actually 4x5.32
gcogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:09 AM   #23

I think that's good advice; I may just get me the Fuji S2. It seems that regular prosumer cameras will never reach the quality level that I need for my work. All that's left now is to convince my boss to give me a nice raise. [*if I only were a rich man... yabba - dabba - yabba - dooooo...*]
nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 4:24 PM   #24
Me

Yeah...those damn cheap cameras. And what is with all these cheap cars all over the place, too? All I see is chevies, fords, hondas, and toyotas! Why would anybody drive those heaps when Bentley's and Mercedes Benz's are so much better. I'd like to see more cars in that catagory on the market.

And what is with all the cheap champange on the shelves when one can buy 'Dom'?

And TV's! Why would anybody buy a cheap, 21" tube TV when there are 60" diagnol high definition Plasma TV's? I'd like to see more of those on the market.

And why are there so many apartments and small houses out there when 10,000 square foot luxury mansions are available!? We should have more of those.

And why is there a coach section when you fly whe first class is so obviously better? Shouldn't the whole plane be first class? I'd like to see more first-class only airplanes.

And why are there so many chain resturaunts? Got to a fine French resturaunt. They are clearly the superior way to dine. I'd like to see more of those out there.
Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 4:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
And what is with all the cheap champange on the shelves when one can buy 'Dom'?....
There is some very good whine right here.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
And what is with all the cheap champange on the shelves when one can buy 'Dom'?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDrew
There is some very good whine right here.
Sounds like sour grapes! :lol:

I'm sure he had good rasin to post that.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:50 PM   #27
Me

:lol: :P

Ya got me there!

I didn't mean to be mean or anything...I was just trying to make a point.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 1:11 AM   #28

Very good, Me. Perhaps some half drunk dictator may even offer you a job as a minister of propaganda. However:
1. A Mercedes is a fine car but a Honda or a Mazda can give you the same results at 1/3 the cost.
2. That 'Dom' may be a thrill but carrot juice will give you much better results at 1/3 the cost.
3. That 60" plasma TV may impress your neighbors but a 20" LCD display will give you better resolution, efficiency and quality at 1/3 the cost.
4. A 10,000 sq foot mansion for $2 million may be mighty fine, but for 1/3 that price you can build a home that will give you the same comfort and convenience.
5. A meal in a french restaurant may taste good, but a nice home cooked meal will give you better results for 1/3 the price, and may even save you from a heart attack.

Now, if only there was a camera with the performance of a Fuji S2 but at 1/3 the price.........
nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2003, 8:28 AM   #29
Me

There are plenty of film-based SLR's that'll give you superior results at a fraction of the price.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 8:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimos
1. A Mercedes is a fine car but a Honda or a Mazda can give you the same results at 1/3 the cost.
2. That 'Dom' may be a thrill but carrot juice will give you much better results at 1/3 the cost.
5. A meal in a french restaurant may taste good, but a nice home cooked meal will give you better results for 1/3 the price, and may even save you from a heart attack.
I wonder if time spent here is due to a lack of social and romantic contact. That lack does seem to be common amoungst trolls.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote