Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:27 AM   #1

I intent to order a camera from BestPriceCameras.com

Is there any complain about this company concerning delivery ?

Roger :?
Ropipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:32 AM   #2

Take a look at resellerratings.com. You'll see this company got some very bad reviews. I wouldn't trust them. In most cases, the old adage is still true: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

Usually if a company offers a product drastacly lower than all the others that company or the actual product shouldn't be trusted. If you use price comparison tools such as nextag, pricegrabber, etc you will typically see several vendors at one price point, another group at a second price point and then the companies claiming a price about 25% - 40% lower still. Typically those should not be trusted. Stick to the major players. Get in the habit of checking resellerratings.com to ensure that a company is reliable and has history - i.e. they aren't just 5 months old. Also, make sure you read the fine print on warranties, returns etc. And, make sure you verify what is included. Many of these subpar companies will take accessories out of the box and force you to buy them separately. or they won't sell you the product without buying an over-priced accessory package.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:36 AM   #3

John,

Thank you. I also got negative answers from another forum.

I will stick with Ritz or Wolf cameras.

Roger
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:40 AM   #4

Ropipo,

There are definitely some VERY respectable retailers selling on-line. What camera are you thinking of buying? I've never know Ritz to have competitive prices on anything. Companies such as B&H, Buydig.com, Newegg.com, BeachCamera.com are extremely reliable companies and will usually have better prices. In general, B&H is probably the highest regarded photo retailer. They have a very knowledgable staff, a solid reputation for customer service and a very large brick and mortar store in NY.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:54 AM   #5

John,

Also Circuit City. Better than Ritz or Wof.

I am searching for a Konica-Minolta 5D. Buying it from Belgium with shiping to a friend of mine in WA state. I will meet the friend in May in the Antillas where she will handle me the camera.

Thank you for the resellers tip. From Belgium it is not obvious where to order and buy a camera.