Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:13 PM   #1

I have an oppurtunity to have a booth at a bridal show. What do you all think I should bring to show off. What types of things. What kind of giveaways should I present. All ideas are welcome
dashboardgyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:17 PM   #2

Most important thing you can bring to show are wedding photographs you have already done in the past. Bring as many as you possibly can carry. Also print up some flyers saying exactly what you do.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:35 PM   #3

should they be 8x10 or.... 4x6??? obviously big is better, but if that were the case should it be 20x30 then? (if I can pull it off)

any other ideas....to make this the best it can be?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:11 PM   #4

Bring a portfolio book containing 8x10's of you best shots. Print up flyers (already mentioned) detailing your services (no prices...you only will do quotes after meeting & discussing the particulars). Bring large (11x13 at least), matted & framed prints of your very best work (to hang on the back of your booth...& bring a tall, hard, sturdy, cloth booth back too). Purchase (a lot) of distinct cards with your contact info, name, company name, address, phone # & web-site address (& make a decent website). The flyers & cards should be your giveaways...if you want to spring for more than that, try black or white garters. That should be a minimum for a real business...
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:29 PM   #5

I would put up some very large prints of your very best, then have a booklet of 8x10s or 8.5x11s in addition to some smaller prints to give people an idea of the versitility of your service.Kalypso had some great advice.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:07 AM   #6

Along with what everyone else said, I would repeat that you should have a few large prints. At least 11x13, as eye catchers. You don't want people to walk by, you want them to STOP and take notice. Really big, really good prints will do that.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:52 AM   #7

This may be stating the obvious, but if you print up brochures or handouts with photos on them, use the best paper you can afford. It can really make a difference in the color and contrast.
tmilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:08 PM   #8

thanks everyone. I kinda felt the same, but wondered if you experts had any other ideas

thanks again!