Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:42 AM   #1

I want a Pictbridge/Direct print printer (with LCD). The model that ticks all my boxes is the Canon ip6600D. My question is this. Can you operate this printer completely independently from a PC, i.e. including maintenance functions including alignment? Or are you only able to do the normal print/edit stuff with pictures?
ikedart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:18 PM   #2

your best bet is to go to the canon website and download the manual in pdf format and give it a read.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:00 AM   #3

thanks. I took a punt and bought the ip6600D. It does everything including head alignment, cleaning etc from the printer panel. So absolutely no need to connect to a computer for anything.

I chose this model for my folks, who can't, won't be bothered with printing via a computer, but still wanted A4 capability.

In fact, I'm very, veryimpressed with this new style Pixma printer, especially with it's 3.5" display (same size as a TomTom's), I'm tempted to get one for myself. Everything is menu-driven and incredibly easy to setup and use. Canon really have come up with asuperb user interface.The output quality is (too me at least) superb. Last but not least, I like it's stylish design and finish.

I would thoroughly recommend this as a standalone, photo-only printer for anyone who just wants high quality butrelatively cheapcost prints withoutall the pallava of using a PC.

ikedart is offline   Reply With Quote