Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:40 PM   #1

I do a fair amount of trail riding. I recently got my Canon S2 IS..

Two questions....

One.. I'm looking for a sling type camera bag that's compact.. I need something that I can snug against my body.. Backpack just won't cut it (plus I already have my hydra pack on (which sometimes contains ice).. .

Two.. is the vibration going to hurt my new baby? This ain't no carasol ride . lol... Or am I better off getting a cheapie point and shoot.. There's just awesome shoot chances on the trails.. waah.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:48 PM   #2

well, the vibration isnt giong to help the camera any. The more moving parts you have, the more suseptable it will be to damage. The IS system might not like it much either. I guess it depeds on how willing you are to sacrifice 400 dollars. I take my SD300 with me snowboarding all the time, so it gets snow, cold and falls quite frequently. I keep it in a soft case in my pocket. My S2 is a little too big for me to want to bother with on the slopes, although there are shots im missing.

The s2 would fit nicely in a fanny pack if your not very fashion minded. There are hard cases you can get that have foam inserts in them for the ultimate protection (but they hurt like hell if you fall on them, at least the camera is safe) and they add alot of girth to what you have to carry.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:56 PM   #3

This is what I sort of figured. ugh. Maybe I'll peek around ebay or something for a cheapie.. Risking the loss of my new baby likely isnt worth a few shots.. at least for now..lol

My 'camcorder' guy.. can get me a deal on a sonydsc40.. maybe i'll grab one of them little bitties..lol. I can't see getting out in the next few weeks anyway.

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote