Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Hiking Girl going off a cliff

My dear friends,
Here we go again. The more I get educated, the more I'm confused. Heres the situation: I have set up my Nikon d100 to color manage in Adobe RGB 1998. I download into Nikon Capture and do minor white balance and EV correction. I save as a Tiff and import into photoshop 7. I have photoshop 7 set up with the same color profile, Adobe RGB 1998. I finally understand how to assign color profiles for each photo paper I use in my Canon s9000. Heres where I'm stubbing my boot. In an article by Ian Lyons, he suggests going into the color management box on the print preview box on photoshop 7 and do one of many things. Heres my confusion. With all that has been stated above, what do I do at this point. 1. Leave the color management tab on with the source space document indicating Adobe RGB (1998) and the pring space indicating Adobe RGB 1998? or do I assign the paper printing profile in the print space profile ie Epson glossy. or...#2. Do I leave the color management tab checked, leave source space to document: Adobe RGB, and assign the print space profile to "same as source". The source being the profile originally set up in the camera. I hope these are reasonable questions friends and I'm no becomming a pain in the the Keester. (My husband thinks I research things way too much but I assured him thats why we have such a good marriage!) Thanks again for all the excellent info. See ya in the mountains,
Hiking Girl
hiking girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:18 AM   #2
NHL

Quote:
do I assign the paper printing profile in the print space profile
but in this case it should be your s9000 (Unless of course you want to print to an Epson :lol: :lol: :lol: )

You're already correct 2/3 of the way:
1. Source = camera = Adobe RGB
2. Workspace = Photoshop = Adobe RGB
3. Output = s9000 = its .icc profile

You have already preserved the wider Adobe RGB colorspace workflow until the final step which is the output!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2003, 11:21 AM   #3

Default what about the paper

Mr. PF,
What about the different paper profiles that took me years to understand? Don't I assign them as the final step?
Thanks for your response
KG
hiking girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2003, 2:11 PM   #4
NHL

Quote:
What about the different paper profiles that took me years to understand? Don't I assign them as the final step?
The paper profile should be assigned in the printer driver (and not in Photoshop!), in the properties tab before you hit OK. Just make sure color management is check off in the printer driver (it was managed already by Photoshop).
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote