Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 5, 2006, 6:45 AM   #1

Checking to see if there is enough interest in this type of forum, if so, I would appreciate Steve giving it some consideration. I feel that there are many people interested or that would become interested in this type of photography if there was a forum for it.

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:40 AM   #2

My worry is that won't it cause unnecessary compartimentalisation. Just thinking aloud. Regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 8:04 AM   #3

I suppose it could do that, if anyone has a idea on how to organize it without causing a problem like that I'm all ears.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:07 PM   #4

I like the idea.

Am I right in thinking that you're proposing starting out with one "b&w" forum for all sorts of photos? If so, I don't think that one more category would be unwieldy at this time. Then, if Steve thinks it's necessary at some later time to split that into "b&w landscapes," "b&w portraits," etc., he could look at that option.

My vote is "yes."
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 5:48 PM   #5

If this overall forum was devoted to film cameras that would make a lot of sense, but in digital photography I don't see the point. All digital cameras photograph in color, even when you set it to black and white. The black and white is just an effect you can apply either in camera or in post processing, meaning that black and white falls into the category of "techniques".

Is there some specific reason you think black and white images need to be separated from the color ones?
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote