Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:40 PM   #1

Anyone read about these or know anything about the camera phones? are there any phones with decent cameras on em who makes a good one?
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:16 PM   #2

Last I knew, there weren't any.

Sorry,

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:44 PM   #3

Sony-Ericsson K750i. I have some photos posted here:
http://john.henry.brown.home.comcast.net/K750/
S-E has some other phones with more or less the same camera. Nokia has a camera with similar abilities, reviewed here.
http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=1743
BruceMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:12 AM   #4

Impressive for a phone

Betcha 10 years from now.. We'll have one pc of electronic for ALL these jobs..lol.

I've got a 1.3mp with zoom on mine.. takes great pics as long as there's decent light. Igore the lack of focus.. usually it's not that bad.. I just don't feel like digging though pics right now

Forgot to mention.. Its one of the newer Motorola phones.. takes decent video too.
Attached Images

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 5:31 PM   #5

That one doesnt look to bad. Wich motorola is it?

My brother has a sharp TM150 that doesnt look to bad but it looks just a little out of focus. Has decent color though IMO.

Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:33 PM   #6

It's the E815.. it has 4x zoom.. 1.3mp
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:12 AM   #7

Talking form a place of almost complete ignorance (I just got my first cell phone on Friday) a 1.3MP phone is very good. Most, in the little research I did, are still 640x480.

To some extent, I agree that we'll have fewer electronic devices with us.
Prices will come down and my PDA and phone will combine. It is a fact that watch sales are way down because people are just using the clock on their phone.

But until we are able to bend laws of physics a cell phone will never replace a DSLR. I need huge amounts of zoom for what I do (I use a 600mm f4) and I don't see that happening in a small package until we learn to make gravity based lenses. Oh, and we'll need new micro fusion power sources too. But if we ever hit that day... my back , and the rest of me, will be overjoyed.

But I do agree that I could easily see the "pocketable" point-and-shoot market will go away and just be a camera phone. That will happen, if they could reduce prices on the camera.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 1:23 PM   #8

It's odd though really.. Before I had a camera phone.. didn't miss it or happen to think much.. when given the options of a new phone.. I thought.. hey, why not? Since I've gotten it, I LOVE it. In a promo deal I got a memory card for it. Not sure what it's called.. It's got a SD adapter, but the card that slides into the actual phone is about 1/4"x1/4".. Looks fake!..

I find uses all the time when I'm out.. Especially in stores where you arent allowed to take cameras (hunting for specific fabrics, matching colors)... taking quick referance pics for ebay... used it right after a car accident.. show pics of my boys when i'm out without them... simple picture messaging, etc.. fun fun.

Oh.. mine has video too.. the providers here even offer tv programs for you to watch on your phone (no .. i haven't gone farther than catching the odd clip of my boys)

MP3 player too.

:? Now... if tha darn thing could just make dinner for me.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:45 PM   #9

The samsung T809 has ISO settings, white balance and exsposure compensation along with a few effect settings. ISO from 50-400 but the phone is like $300. only 1.3mp

Wonder how long till we have a phone with like 5mp manual settings and an MP3 player? The only problem is one or the other would suck.

If canon made a phone it would sound like crap but take good pictures. lol :lol:
Old Mar 1, 2006, 5:06 PM   #10

I read Nokia has a camera phone called the N90:

-2 megapixels (1600x1200)

-carl zeiss optics

-high resolution screen with "twist and shoot" design

-high quality video

Sound interesting. Looks kinda big, though:-).
Homer J. is offline   Reply With Quote