Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 22, 2006, 6:48 AM   #1

Friends,

I have noticed this error on my Sony Cyber Shot W-5, Concord Q3341, & even on my Fuji's LCD. While viewing the images some times it come up with message "CARD ERROR" with TOALLY BLUE SCREEN. Some times while transferring the pics (from and to PC) this messageappears.

Usually what i do is to switch off the camera, some times i have to pull out the batteries and then load them back and switch on the camera. But still its not the universal cure which always helps.

Can somebody tell his/her expert openion about this? To prevent this thing in advance or to get cured if by any chance this happen. Is this a serious problem.

Good day.

adeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:45 AM   #2

No one can help on this? No idea whydoes this appear / happens? Any genious guess?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:48 AM   #3

Hey Adeel

Sounds like you need to format the card or get a new one - i am presuming you are using it on both cams??Try formatting in camera is the best way and you may need to do this each time you switch the card to a different cam if the problem still occurs.

Cheers Dom
roxydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:53 PM   #4

I'm no expert, but I would occasionally have this happen with my Sony F717, and it didn't matter which card (I had several) that I used. Best guess was that over the years the contacts on the camera got very slightly out of alignment, and the card wouldn't quite align with the contacts. I read on another board (I think) of someone tweaking their contacts a bit and correcting the problem.

Since your problem seems to be with one card in multiple cameras, my guess would be that there's a problem with the contacts on the card. Have you tried different cards in the camera?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:10 AM   #5

Dear Folks,

My answer is "Not really"....i don't use ONE Card on Different Cameras. Is it possible that it got error whileconneting to PC. I mean due to some minor VIRUS.

Now my question is that FORMATING the card through Camera Formating Fiuction is safe and ADVICE ABLE. Coz i never used this thing considering might it demage / inturrupt the programe / software of the card / camera.

After how much time we used to get it FORMATEd or it is adviceable only when such problem occurs.

Thanks to all folks.