Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:40 AM   #41

No what I have had is several peoples opinions, you are the only one that has said anything incorrect so you obviously dont understand, there is more to understanding than memorizing something.
Mark47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:47 AM   #42

Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:
I'm not quoting anything from a book

Then where did the information come from originally? Either you invented it yourself, or else it was something you were taught, if it was something you were taught, then it came from a book.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:47 AM   #43

So we're all wrong and you're right?

There is indeed more to understanding than memorizing, and you don't seem to grasp that. I've been taking pictures quite likely longer than you have been alive, and I've been using telescopes even longer. I know what I'm talking about. And what have I said that's incorrect?

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
No what I have had is several peoples opinions, you are the only one that has said anything incorrect so you obviously dont understand, there is more to understanding than memorizing something.
Tom LaPrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:48 AM   #44

Quit trolling, Mark.

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:

Then where did the information come from originally? Either you invented it yourself, or else it was something you were taught, if it was something you were taught, then it came from a book.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:52 AM   #45

Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:
So we're all wrong and you're right?

There is indeed more to understanding than memorizing, and you don't seem to grasp that. I've been taking pictures quite likely longer than you have been alive, and I've been using telescopes even longer. I know what I'm talking about. And what have I said that's incorrect?

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:

There are millions of 90 year olds that have driven cars all their life but does that mean they can build a ferrari? If I dont grasp something then how can I have made that statement in the first place???
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:54 AM   #46

Thanks guys :!:
This thread has been a real hoot to read

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:55 AM   #47

Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:
Quit trolling, Mark.

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
Tom LaPrise wrote:
Quote:

Who was the one that got all the quotes and links desperate to try to prove me wrong, picking on everything I said??? Please dont resort to insults, its just a discussion.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:00 PM   #48

Mark47 wrote:
Quote:
Simply stated, the primary function of a telescope is to collect light. The larger the telescope, the more light it can collect. The more light collected, the fainter and more distant the objects that can be observed.

Get it yet?
No, why don't you explain it!
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:01 PM   #49

Quote:
Rising Above

Simply stated, the primary function of a telescope is to collect light. The larger the telescope, the more light it can collect. The more light collected, the fainter and more distant the objects that can be observed.

Getting back to what this was originally about with the help of NASA in the quote above. Which is what I said originally that the bigger lens will have a different effect, therefore even though it has an "equivelant focal length" it is collecting light that is FAINTER, therefore will effect image quality. Only slightly of course. Case closed goodnight!
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:01 PM   #50

It didn't take much to prove you wrong. Everyone here, with maybe one exception, has done that.

The NASA quote also says that the reason the HST sees more detail is because it's above the atmosphere and its distortion, not because it has higher magnification, which it doesn't.