Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:05 AM   #1
rey

I recently installed IExif as a suggestion by somebody here (sorry I forgot whom, probably JimC). Anyways, I can't seem to see the exif files of pics in the "Post Your Photos" forums by simply right clicking them and choosing "View Exif/GPS/IPTC with IExif" I have to save them, and then right click them and then choose that context sensitive menu option.

I have a feeling it's because the forum uses PHP to serve up images rather than just a raw image file in some directory. Is this right? Is there a work around on this. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP.

Thanks.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:33 AM   #2

Have you also installed the Firefox plugin (see Opanda's Firefox page) and tested it against the photos at Opanda's samples page? According to Opanda's web site, IExif only works with Windows and IE unless the Firefox plugin is installed.

It looks like a neat program that I'll soon try myself. For quite some time, I've used
EXIF InfoTip, a very small free utility that displays the most often used EXIF values when hovering your mouse over an image name or thumbnail in Windows Explorer (not in IE or any other web browser). It's available at home.pacbell.net/michal_k/exif_v.html - you need to scroll down the page a bit to find it.
DaveLundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:46 AM   #3
rey

The Opanda plugin launches the Exif viewer and it works fine when the image, whose exif data I'm trying to checkout, is from a direct .jpg file.

But for some reason, it's not working with this forum, and I suspect it's because the images are served up by a content manager.
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:07 PM   #4

I use a simple viewer, just called View Exif. From: http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/

It is only for viewing in browser, and doesn't interfere with any of my other apps.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote