Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:11 AM   #11
me2

Fedex weighs *everything* that doesn't ship in their envelopes and even them they weigh. They charge customers based on weight and cubic inches. You can't get a shipping quote without giving them a weight. It is impossible. Everything they do goes on an airplane (except ground) so everything goes by weight.

They have a record of how much your box weighed before it shipped.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 9:27 AM   #12

mobil,

How can you be upset with CC? Seems like they did everything you asked of them... they took your order and shipped your product in a timely manner. Wasn't their fault someone else lost the goods. Maybe you're upset because they outsource their customer service? More and more major companies are doing that to save money these days. When I first got my cell phone, when I called up to add minutes I would get...

[phone guy PG] How y'all duin' today? This is Tex, an I can't wait to help y'all!

Now I get...

[PG] Allo...deese eese fone companee...my name eese Som...am being pleesed to help you...what eese your name?

[Hun] Hi Sam, my name is rinniethehun, and I...

[PG] What eese deese rinneedeehun? Am waiting for your name...

[Hun] That is my name...my name is rinniethehun...

[PG] eese deese first name, lahst name, meedle eeneetial?

[Hun] You know what? Never mind...

[PG] Am waiting for name...

[Hun] -dial tone-

[PG] Goood biiii

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:58 PM   #13

yeah, i used to work for fed-ex for a very short time, sometimes packing and dispatch can be a little tough and tumble for a package, especially if they 25 kg or so and carried by a small 60kg guy, but they got their stuff sent on time =)

im not saying they were bad company or anything, they were good,the floor staff were wonderful to me, but i also heard about their tarnished reputation with missing things here and there. Didn't happen on my shift thankGodness.I'm sure they have some procedure to deal wth these sort of things and that you get your camera soon. All you can do is wait i guess and keep chasing them up

Either that your get disposable film or borrow someone's camera if it doesnt come on time for that event you need to go to

all the best =)
wisely_foolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:38 AM   #14

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
mobil,

How can you be upset with CC? Seems like they did everything you asked of them... they took your order and shipped your product in a timely manner. Wasn't their fault someone else lost the goods. Maybe you're upset because they outsource their customer service? More and more major companies are doing that to save money these days. When I first got my cell phone, when I called up to add minutes I would get...

[phone guy PG] How y'all duin' today? This is Tex, an I can't wait to help y'all!

Now I get...

[PG] Allo...deese eese fone companee...my name eese Som...am being pleesed to help you...what eese your name?

[Hun] Hi Sam, my name is rinniethehun, and I...

[PG] What eese deese rinneedeehun? Am waiting for your name...

[Hun] That is my name...my name is rinniethehun...

[PG] eese deese first name, lahst name, meedle eeneetial?

[Hun] You know what? Never mind...

[PG] Am waiting for name...

[Hun] -dial tone-

[PG] Goood biiii

the Hun

I am peaved with CC because I was told one thing [ I needed the camera for family function this sunday 03/26 and I would have it no problem] and then they did completely the opposite and then when I started to question then 5 business days later thursday morning I was then told that all of the info was put and when I ask for a supervisor I was told no that there was nothing they can do. I did speak to CC corporate friday morning and all you even hear from then we are sorry.I even said to them that I was told I would have the camera for sunday for family reunion and and I wont have it now and there answer is we are sorry what do you want us to do, and I told them send me the damn camera i ma suffering because of there stupidity. I told them that when stuff like this is sent it should be sealed with security tape so someone would know right away the box was tampered with not clear shipping tape that everybody and there brother uses anyone can open it and reseal it rather quickly if they wanted to. So now i just waiting for the camera to be sent which should be this week.
1mobilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:05 PM   #15

mobil,

So who is replacing your missing camera? CC? I thought Fed-Ex lost it? Let's see...if I were CC, and I sent you a camera by Fed-Ex, and you called me up and said Fed-Ex lost it, would I send you another camera? Nooooo...I would make Fed-Ex pay for the loss before I did anything. Who is paying for camera number two? Not you, I hope!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:10 PM   #16

I would first contact your credit card company about removing the interest. Next, Fed ex security to have them come out and place a formal report for theft. Have CC deliver the next camera to a local store and open it in the store to verify all components. Seems like it the theft issue is at CC warehouse. A sealed Fedex box is hard to open and duplicate the label along with the weight.
mckennma is offline   Reply With Quote