Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 22, 2006, 5:04 PM   #1

:PI waited a little over a week for my new FZ30 to be delivered to my house and today fed-ex shows up with the box here I am like a little kid opening a new toy and when when my mom brought me the box I said to myself it felt a little light. I thought circuirt city just sent the memory card and the new camera case and when I opened it up there was the camera box it the big brown box but no camera someone was nicer enough to take the camera/owners manual and all other stuff that was there. I said what the He-l I was totally suprised some a--hole took everything on me and rewrapped everything and sent it on.I dont know if this helps I still have the FZ30 box with the serial number(A6SS00098 R)if by chance some tries you or someone you know(maybe 1 in a 1,000,0000) dont buy it is a stolen camera.well I get to wait again circuit city is shipping out another one I hope circuit city/Fed-ex finds that S O B. It really stunk now i have to wait again.

monday morning This morning I just got off the phone with CC to find out my new order number and they told me they did not have a new order number yet that someone will call me before the end of the week with all the new information they said they need to contact fed-ex first to trace the package I told CC we are know where the package is we just dont know where the contents of the packages are.I then told them why did they tell me saturday when it happened they were reshipping the package right away and they did not say it was going to be a week or so before it gets reshipped. Hopefully they said they will reship the complete order before the weenend comes. I did tell them I was very peaved at the whole situation an I hope they reship the package over night or 1st or 2nd air so I dont have to wait another week or weekand a half. In so many words I am peaved I just want my camera.

wensday morning well just got off the phone again to find out what is going on and I was told they will be contacting me by thursday afternoon. I told them I needed the camera by this weekend for a family function that is why I ordered it a week and a half ago and If I dont have it by this weekend CC is going to have one irate customer on there hands. also I told them I am paying finance charges on my credit card for something I am not using nor do i have. that alone gets my onions twisted. I told them if I am not going to have the camera buy the weekend to keep the whole order and I will purchase it else where.
:P
1mobilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:02 PM   #2

Not sure I follow this incident mobilman...you mean to tell us that someone took everything out of the box and then sent the box on to you empty? And Fed-Ex didn't realize they were delivering an empty box? I find that very hard to believe. If someone were to steal a camera to resell, why wouldn't they also take the box? They took the camera, manual, battery, charger, strap, lens hood, warranty card, CD, etc., and left you the box? And the delivery man didn't realize a box that had to weigh at least 4 lbs weighs less than an ounce?

I don't know what credit card you have, but most don't start charging interest for 25 days after the purchase. Since it's only been a week and a half since you ordered the camera, they shouldn't be charging you any interest. Besides, since you bought the camera with a credit card, why don't you just contact the credit card company and cancel the order?

Why don't you go to the nearest Circuit City and pick up your replacement camera? At least you would have it by this weekend.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:09 PM   #3
me2

This is going to be quite easy to solve. Fedex weighs every parcel it ships. Without exception. So, all you have to do is check the shipping weight. Either that box had a camera in it when it was shipped or it didn't. Don't throw away the box either. They may need it for finger prints and or weighing.

Every FedEx box is scanned as it makes its journey. It shouldn't be hard to see who touched it.

My guess is that there is a CC employee somewhere that has never shipped with Fedex with a camera and no box.
me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 6:41 PM   #4

:PThursday afternoon.
I called CC thursday afternoon again explaining my situation to three CC customer support that could hardly talk english and understand english and I asked to then speak to a supervisor and then put on hold while waiting on hold and then finally getting if you want to make a phone call please hang up and try the number again I just love keep getting disconnected and finally on the forth call I get somebody that talks english again explaining the situation and I want to know what is going on. The CC rep tells me that who ever entered all of the info on my case into the computer did it wrong and it just gotten entered properly this morning and they are now looking into the whole situation. Last time I ever order online from CC for delivery

I bought up the same thing about the weight and I was told sometimes they deliver very small items that are light and the drivers dont pay much attention to the weight of the box my reply to fed-ex wouldnt it make sense to use a smaller box that it is awful light for such a big box. I am so disgusted over the whole situation. to me it is all a bunch of bullsh-t and I am the one suffering right now. I really hope the FZ30 is worth all of this. and also if you see the condition of the box with the tape all screwed up and retaped very sloppy it would make it suspicious by the time I open the box and called the driver he looked at me and I yelled hold on I got a wave as he drove off. I wanted the camera by this sunday for a family function I was told by CC we dont know what to tell you but you will for sure not have the camera bt this weekend.
:P
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:04 PM   #5

the camera was ordered on 03/14/06 and when I looked at my statement the charge was already on there besides I want the camera Like I said fed-ex even said it had to have happen somewhere along fed-ex having the box because it was picked up from CC warehouse with the proper weight and when my mom handed me the box and I felt the weight I just figured they sent the camera case and 1gig card I ordered but when I open the big brown shipping box I seen another box that said FZ30 and the seal on that was open so when I opened the camera box nothing and I mean nothing was in there and the memory card and camera case were also gone. That is when I called CC and fed-ex right away and I even called panasonic with the serial number so if by any chance it ever came in for repair they would also know. I was kinda glad that they left the camera box because at least I got the serial number to report it to everybody if it helps at all. I hope the camera explodes on the S.O.B and they dont even get to use it.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:31 PM   #6

All of the major credit card providers have a dispute resolution service. Call your card company and explain to them. You are not liable for charges until situation is resolved. (USA)

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:21 PM   #7

mobilman,

In your original post, you said you waited a little over a week for your camera to be delivered...

"I waited a little over a week for my new FZ30 to be delivered to my house and today fed-ex shows up with the box..."

You say you ordered the camera on 3/14/06...

"the camera was ordered on 03/14/06 "

But, you had already called CC on Monday...

"monday morning This morning I just got off the phone with CC to find out my new order number..."

So the empty box was delivered on Monday, or before that? I don't think FedEx delivers on Sunday, so they deliveredyour box on Saturday? Thats only 4 days, not over a week.

At any rate, you seem to be getting close...FedEx admits they lost it, right?

"Like I said fed-ex even said it had to have happen somewhere along fed-ex having the box because it was picked up from CC warehouse with the proper weight..."

There you have it...FedEx lost it...why are you harrassing CC, when they appear to have shipped a full box? Go after FedEX!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:20 PM   #8

I'm with The Hun. Go after Fed-Ex. They are the ones that are responsible for the loss. Fed-Ex once destroyed a set of $1,100.00 exhaust for My Corvette. The box actually had the Fed-Ex truck tire marks on it. I screamed so loud they had me a new set delivered the very next day. Fed-Ex ground does deliver on Saturdays. They are a terrible company to depend on if you really need something. If it is not lost it will be damaged or delivered three or four days late. As a shipping company they are really bad. I like UPS because I never had a problem with them. They may cost more but at least you can track your shipment.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:47 AM   #9

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
mobilman,

In your original post, you said you waited a little over a week for your camera to be delivered...

"I waited a little over a week for my new FZ30 to be delivered to my house and today fed-ex shows up with the box..."

You say you ordered the camera on 3/14/06...

"the camera was ordered on 03/14/06 "

But, you had already called CC on Monday...

"monday morning This morning I just got off the phone with CC to find out my new order number..."

So the empty box was delivered on Monday, or before that? I don't think FedEx delivers on Sunday, so they deliveredyour box on Saturday? Thats only 4 days, not over a week.

At any rate, you seem to be getting close...FedEx admits they lost it, right?

"Like I said fed-ex even said it had to have happen somewhere along fed-ex having the box because it was picked up from CC warehouse with the proper weight..."

There you have it...FedEx lost it...why are you harrassing CC, when they appear to have shipped a full box? Go after FedEX!

the Hun

I received the package at appox 3:00 pm on saturday and you right as soon as I called fed-ex the person who took my complaint even said it had to happen in the the care of fed-ex but they said they still have to do an investigation on it I was told I will not hurt over it it is just the thing of having to wait when it is not my fault and what gets me pis-sed is one guy in another forum said he thinks I did it. If the as-hole really thinks what did I have to gain I am the one calling panasonic and everybody flagging the serial number like other people said If the camera ever goes for repair whoever is caught with it is going to suffer. I am telling all about the serial number and to please watch out for it. I looked the order up it was ordered on 03/13/06 and the reason I am ordering a high dollar from CC is just in case something is wrong I can bring it back to the store with all other online stores you are usually at there mercy for returning items. I say a week it was just about not exactly. Joe D
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:54 AM   #10

Ronnie948 wrote:
Quote:
I'm with The Hun. Go after Fed-Ex. They are the ones that are responsible for the loss. Fed-Ex once destroyed a set of $1,100.00 exhaust for My Corvette. The box actually had the Fed-Ex truck tire marks on it. I screamed so loud they had me a new set delivered the very next day. Fed-Ex ground does deliver on Saturdays. They are a terrible company to depend on if you really need something. If it is not lost it will be damaged or delivered three or four days late. As a shipping company they are really bad. I like UPS because I never had a problem with them. They may cost more but at least you can trac k your shipment.

I am really steaming over it both fed-ex and CC said they need to investigate first which I dont blame them I am pis-ed because it happened to me and I have to wait for something that is not my fault and I even had packages from ups come to me all screwed up and one time from ups I had a package come to me opened up and I was missing half the order thank god it was only 2 cans of compressed air I use for my computers and my laptop and staples sent me 2 more and I did receive those.