Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 21, 2008, 5:38 AM   #11

im new to this...so here goes nothin

i too sent sum pictures to the isp and and i thought they were lagit at first....until they kept sending me emails about i won a prize!! so to see if i really did, i tried to get there number thru the operator. but there wuz no listing for there business. That made me real supicious! and now i jus so happen to enter their name in the computer and it brought me to this website. Please Please if there is anyone that reads this and could help stop this please respond back to me. I jus really think it is unfair that a picture of your child is gonna be published out there somewhere and could be makin millions of dollars that you will never see. or even worse them using your child's picture for false hood. As a mother this matter really has me worried! Anything is possible.
Attached Images

Sugababiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 6:41 PM   #12

Well...now I too ask the same question, a scam or not. This the heading of the e-mail I received:

The Board of Directors and the Advisory Committee of
The International Society of Photographers
hereby nominate ... ...
as a Distinguished Member
with all privileges and benefits thereto

After reviewing and discussing your photography, the Board of
Directors and the Advisory Committee of the International Society of Photographers are pleased to announce your nomination as a
Distinguished Member of our Society. We would like to present you the
2008 Outstanding Achievement in Photography
Crystal Award Trophy.
The International Society of Photographers is the largest and most active photography society in the world, with members in over 70 countries. Our objective is to appropriately recognize and award the photographic talents of our members by providing a vital forum where photographers can showcase their photography, encourage and support the achievements of fellow photographers, and share their love for the art of fine photography

They sure make it sound good...

wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:03 PM   #13
Administrator

wolfenstein wrote:
Quote:
2008 Outstanding Achievement in Photography
Crystal Award Trophy.
Wow. That's a $300 value by itself according to this page describing what you receive if you register for the Las Vegas convention. ;-)

https://www.picture.com/convention/register.asp

If you don' t want the Trophy included with the Photographer registration of $595, it looks like they have a lower priced "Special Offer" package without the trophy for only $149 plus shipping (although it comes with other items instead).

Quote:
They sure make it sound good...
Yea... what a deal. You may want to compare prices at the local trophy shop to see if they can do any better though. ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...p;aq=f&oq=

If something sounds too good to be true....

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:59 PM   #14

Shouldn't this become a 'sticky' topic?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:48 PM   #15

I have been dealing with ISP for some years now. I had my second admission "Summers Beauty" accepted for final awards. I did stupidly spend the money to order the new book it should have been posted in as well as the wooden plaque and the crystal award. That was May of 08. As of today I have not rec'd anything at all. I tried today to call their number and it has been disconected. ANy help here?? How do you contact ISP, they still have all my money and I rec'd NOTHING!!!

SUsan J
Sjfick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:09 PM   #16

It seems that the International Society of Photographers is gone. The domain they used to have, picture.com, is now held by Lulu, a company that provides services to people wanting to publish their own books.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote