Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 8, 2006, 5:01 PM   #1

I want to know that is it possible to edit original picture info ? like editing Camera Model that have taken the pic.

is there any software to do this ?

thanks and cheers

Jina

JinaMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:57 AM   #2

Yes, it is quite easy to do.
Most picture editors can change the EXIF data (which is the name for all that data.) and there are dedicated programs to do it too (like Exifer)
Only a few (actually, I can only think of one) camera maker has software that can detect if the info was changed (the Canon 1D MkII & MkII N.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:44 AM   #3
Administrator

eric s wrote:
Quote:
Only a few (actually, I can only think of one) camera maker has software that can detect if the info was changed (the Canon 1D MkII & MkII N.)
Epson had a firmware upgrade and software package designed for law enforcement for use with some of their models (liike the Epson PhotoPC 3000z) that could detect if anything in an image file had been changed.

It was a $99 upgrade and required the Image Authentication firmware to be installed by Epson (the firmware embeds an invisible fingerprint in every image, and the associated software is capable of decoding the fingerprint and analyzing the image to see if anything was altered).

I don't know if they offer it with any newer models or not (the last Epson I owned was an Epson PhotoPC 3000z I bought around May 2000, right after it was introduced).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote