Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:42 AM   #1

I need HELP!! I was looking at my pictures on myOlympus C-770last night - all was well. We went to zoom in on a picture we'd taken and all of a sudden the screen went blue and the following message appeared; Power Off and Format. These are the only 2 options we were given. We thought maybe the battery was nearlyt flat and needed charging but this morning when I put the battery in it had the same message - does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be:?
Jen2905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2006, 4:38 AM   #2

Could be the card is corrupt, possibly due to low battery or the card could be faulty or the camera could have a fault.

Do you have a card reader to see if you can read the card on your computer without connecting the camera. If not you could try taking the card to a photo processor ideally one with customer terminals so you can load the card and see if there is anything on it.

If you can't read the card on a computer you could try using some file recovery software on it. This free software has worked for me http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htmthere are others available if you search on google for free file recovery software. To use any of these you will need some way of connecting the card to a PC.

Do you have a second card, if you do load that in the camera and see if you get the same error, if you do it would point to a camera fault.

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:15 PM   #3

I can't put the card into my computer without my camera - I emailed Olympus and they told me I would have to format the card and unfortunately lose what I had on there. I did that and now the camera is working fine.

Thankyou so much for your help though.
Jen2905 is offline   Reply With Quote