Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:00 PM   #1

Hi everyone! I love this forum and I know someone can help me out with my latest query. I just spent the last week creating a slideshow of my son's baseball photos. I used powerpoint and added music and animation to the show (200 images). If I do say so myself - it is a thing of beauty! Because I wanted to delete these phots from my files, I was hoping to make copies and distribute them to the team. It now appears that the powerpoint program will only allow the slideshow to be viewed on a computer. Is there some way I can burn the show onto a CD that can be viewed through a regular DVD player?

Thanks in advance
Denise
denise m is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:43 PM   #2

no

you will need software to create a VCD which can be viewed with a DVD player
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 8:44 AM   #3

Nero is a good software to create VCD's and DVD's, some older DVD players will not play VCD's. Good luck Greg
flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:41 PM   #4

Yes. it can be done ... have done it in the past. You need to capture it, convert it, and save it out to the DVD or whatever. Here is one of several sites providing info using "free" or easily available software. http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpoint-to-dvd.htm

Next time, though,you might want to use something cheap like Picture Show 3 or 4 Deluxeathttp://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm

or Microsoft's free PhotoStory 3 http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx , but that requires the $20 Sonic DVD (see the PhotoStory page) to make the DVD.

I like and use PhotoStory 3, but ... it has its shortcomings.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 6:14 PM   #5

Go to www.photodex.com and check out their PRO-SHOW gold program. It is a very good program for creating DVD slide shows to view on any TV with a DVD player attached. If You decide to get it there are plenty of Forums to help you along that are exclusive to the Pro-Show Gold and Pro-Shoe Producer users.

Ronnie948
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 9:54 AM   #6

denise m wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone! I love this forum and I know someone can help me out with my latest query. I just spent the last week creating a slideshow of my son's baseball photos. I used powerpoint and added music and animation to the show (200 images). If I do say so myself - it is a thing of beauty! Because I wanted to delete these phots from my files, I was hoping to make copies and distribute them to the team. It now appears that the powerpoint program will only allow the slideshow to be viewed on a computer. Is there some way I can burn the show onto a CD that can be viewed through a regular DVD player?

Thanks in advance
Denise
search google, you will find a great amount of such programs for conversion. as for me i'm using presentation to video converter http://geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter

it has everything i need:
1. easy to use and intuitive interface
2. ppt/pps 2 avi/asf/wmv/mpeg conversion
3. option "burn cd/dvd" (it's also a cd-dvd-burner, wow!)
4. no audio and video quality loss (many similar programs have problems with audio)
5. options "auto click" (very useful!!!) and width-height changing
well.. i think you should try it.
jamesbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 1:37 PM   #7

Denise - one thing I'd like to add. I have not seen a product yet that accomplishes what you want without converting the slideshow to a video file of some sort. The problem is that video resolution is a lot less than photo resolution. So, whichever method you select, set your expectations - the pictures as they appear in video format will be of a downgraded quality. I've tried Proshow Gold, Adobe Premier Pro and seen some of the free software results. The conclusion was all the same for me.

If someone has found a way to keep the resolution but still allow play in a dvd player on a TV (vs. a computer) - please share. I don't know if any of the methods mentioned so far accomplish the feat. I, too, am hoping there is a way!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:43 PM   #8

JohnG is correct. The resolution is not really excellent when creating a slide show to play on your television through the DVD player. I use Pro-Show Producer and formerly had Pro-Show Gold. Both create really nice slide shows and I have never had any complaints from people that bought My DVD's. I sell more DVD's then I do photographs now that everyone has a relative to print their wedding pictures etc. But, not to many people want to buy a program to create slide shows so for now I have found a nice niche to make a few bucks extra on My weddings. I notice the resolution is not there but it seems that nobody else cares as long as the photographs are good and the music fits the program. The DVD slide shows for the TV are great as far as I'm concerned.

Ronnie,
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:09 AM   #9

I use presentation to video converter from geovid website.

thats the best I can get
nukacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 9:35 AM   #10

The resolution of a standard TV is 640X480. That's what it can handle. Depending on the computer screen, it can be much higher, and that's why it will look better. When using an image with a high resolution, you can get a flickering effect.

If you are doing pans and zooms on your slideshow, you can use a higher resolution. Pro Show Gold is an excellent software for producing slideshows. It will reduce your images to the correct resolution and remove the flickering.
sail978 is offline   Reply With Quote