Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:22 AM   #1

going a little too far with the ad mumbo jumbo dont you think !!
njdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Administrator

What do you mean by book mark?

If you talking about the portrait oriented banner ads like THIS ONE, I've already made Steve aware ofthe issue.

Due to the width of the forum posts here, they cause a formatting problem, requiring members to scroll down past the banner ad to get to the rest of the page.

Changes in the layout of the main site at http://www.steves-digicams.comallowed for portrait oriented ads beside the text of the pages.But, it doesn't work correctly with the WowBB software. We're aware of the problem.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:17 PM   #3

JimC wrote:
Quote:
What do you mean by book mark?

If you talking about the portrait oriented banner ads like THIS ONE, I've already made Steve aware ofthe issue.

Due to the width of the forum posts here, they cause a formatting problem, requiring members to scroll down past the banner ad to get to the rest of the page.

Changes in the layout of the main site at http://www.steves-digicams.comallowed for portrait oriented ads beside the text of the pages.But, it doesn't work correctly with the WowBB software. We're aware of the problem.

Wow adverts everywhere, I realise sites need revenue, but couldn't it be a bit smaller, it is bad enough when members post too big a picture and I have to scroll all over the place, I have to admit I normally give up and do not look, but now this banner advert is making me have to refresh all the time, I hope it sorted shortly else I will have to stop visiting which would be a shame for me as I have learned a lot from you guys

Bob
inness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:26 PM   #4

Wow, I never even knew this site had ads... anywhere. I love firefox.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:33 PM   #5
Administrator

Don't worry about it guys. Steve's aware of the issue. Thosenew portrait oriented banner ads aren't even supposed to be showing up in the forums. A lot of changes are being made and sometimes there are some "kinks" that need working out.

Be patient. I don't like 'em either.

Thanks.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote