Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 21, 2003, 12:51 AM   #1

Default Proshooter.com

:shock: I recently Visited www.proshooter.homestead.com and I found it to be unsurpassed in knowlege and upto date information, this guy is a genoius. You guys could learn a lot from his pure natural ability to capture the moment, I especially enjoyed the secret weapon he uses (The state of the art Tripod). WELL DONE PROSHOTER, AND KEEP THE UPDATES ROLLING.
Photo Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2003, 1:06 AM   #2

He doesn't seem to like slrs does he? Well he must hate them with their manual controls and through the lense view. Also, contrary to what he said, i think the manual settings of the camera are what make them fun and artistic. I don't need a computer chip to tell me what the subject of my photo is, or how the shot should look. Other than that, it's a pretty good sight.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 6:30 AM   #3

Thats a fair call but why would you want to use all the manual features when the auto, clearly gets outstanding results (that one of the parrot is magnificent). I think its up to proshooter to tell us all about photography not us to tell him.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 7:15 AM   #4

Quite funny.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 7:59 AM   #5

Hello my desciples, Pro shooter here, I am glad to see that you are picking up some handy hints from my site. I have been very busy shooting weddings lately and havnt had time to update my site.
Hopefully next week I won't be in so much demand and i will add a page about using a Flash and some photo shop tips.

Until then keep trying to be as good as me.
pro shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 8:43 AM   #6

WOW WEDDINGS You really are in a league of your own. I dont think I can wait till next week to get the updates, perhaps you could help me out regarding an issue I am having with lighting at night?? The problem I think is my "Flash" it is only a 500 watt and gets quite warm when left on for lenthty periods, this is no good any suggestions to benefit those of us who are less gifted with photography.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 8:49 AM   #7

500 watts is piss weak. you need like 1500 watts and a water cooling system if in use for long periods. sorry but you must wait for next week for full details.
pro shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:26 AM   #8

That guy sure likes to have a conversation with himself, doesn't he? Rather entertaining.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 1:38 PM   #9

You know, you have to wonder about this thread, since both the person who recommended this site, and the site itself are both from Austrailia, and both have low posting numbers here. Just something I noticed.

There's usually a lot of animosity when someone comes here treating others like a lower form of life, calling other members here "deciples" and saying stuff, "Until then keep trying to be as good as me." Not exactly a way to make friends. From what Pro Shooter wrote and how they write, I have no desire to go to their site.

As for the manual settings, I love them. The SLR I used for 20 years had no automatic features (the only thing electronic on it was the light meter). It took me a while to even trust the automatic exposure on my digital, but most of the time it gets it wrong, especially when I'm doing creative things.

If I'm doing a creative picture, I might take 20-80 pictures of it, all at different settings until I get the effect I like...different shutter speeds, different f-stops, different white balance, different ISO, etc. I might try the Program mode, but 99.99999% of the time for my needs it's WRONG!

Program (or Auto) is great if you need to take a picture quickly. You don't have to use the full Manual mode for great effects, you can use Aperture priority mode to adjust your depth of field (to make the background blurry or sharp), you can use Shutter priority mode (say if you're shooting action shots) to freeze the action or make it blurry...Program/Auto modes just give you the best exposure level without being able to do any of those other things.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 2:13 PM   #10

Without being unkind. I found it to be a great laugh. And where can I order that Parrot from?
rlpumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote