Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 1, 2007, 3:32 PM   #11

some nice shots but classic case of watch whats behind them in the first pic....plant sprouting from head!!

i too have been in similar situation and had to shoot sister in laws wedding and then a blessing a bit later, but i stated id not be doing formal shots.....as they are not my scene.......so the shots where all candid ones, taken when people let there gaurds down and started having a good time, with big lens from outside the party group u can get some nice shots as people think its not them u are shooting !!

can i just state one feeling i have.......to photograph weddings isnt the be all and end all of photography.........yes they know how to use camera, and how to group people etc......but most of pics i have seen show no creativaty.....mine and wifes are pretty dire and he was a wedding pro.

i can see in some of your shots some artistic and creative effort so well done

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:16 PM   #12

Thanks for the kind words. I got a chuckle out of the plant sprouting from the head...I usually try to be pretty aware of such things, this time it slipped in there. It jumped out at me the first time I saw that shot. I thought about dragging it to the trash, but I really liked the shot otherwise. Hey, the couple knew what they were getting into from the start, possibility of plants on the head and all; therefore, they didn't have high expectations and were very happy with the results. Under the same circumstances, I'd probabaly do it again.
mattroth54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:20 PM   #13

All i can say is i would be extremely happy with the results...I've seen some pros work and these are better i think....Well done!!!
wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:37 PM   #14

Don't know if i messed it up or if it looks abit better...Hope you don't mind.....
Attached Images

wrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:10 PM   #15

wrams wrote:
Quote:
Don't know if i messed it up or if it looks abit better...Hope you don't mind.....
I wish my garden could grow plants as well as his head. I like your improvement!

mattroth54 is offline   Reply With Quote