Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 22, 2003, 3:05 PM   #1

Default contact sheet album

to anyone, after printing your contact sheets(thumbnails) of your digital photos and burn them on cd....how you do store them?...is there any album type for it?

thanks
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:09 PM   #2

Guess you must be refering to Irfanview? Instead of going to File/print from the contact sheet option, go to file/save as, and choose your file format.

Now you might be asking another question which I can't answer, since I use ACDsee. The thumbnails are often pre-stored on your HD so they open quick when you select a directory of pics. If you can find this file, it's handy to keep it on the same CD when you burn lots of images - saves the viewer having to reconstruct the thumbnail files, each time you load and browse a new CD.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:49 PM   #3

So far my CD's are on spindles and I don't print contact sheets. There are CD sheets designed for standard 3-ring notebooks-- Fellowes #95304 is one. This one has two pockets and you can fit at least three CD's in slipcovers in each pocket. Then you could use standard page protectors to hold the contact sheets.

I've also seen albums design just for CD's, but I don't know if they made allowance for contact sheets.
JimHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 6:02 PM   #4

actually...printing the contact is no prob...i can do that...usually i print the 8.5 x 11 sheets...and burn the files on cd...

but i need to store them into some kind of album, folder....

if you know of a product please let me know....

thanks
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote