Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 3, 2003, 7:56 AM   #11

Honey,

I might have used a camera before (years ago) but I've learned a lot by just reading and answering questions (answering them makes me think about them seriously.) And I'm willing to point out where I think I'm wrong and ask to correct me.

But if you aren't sure about something that can be demonstrated, just go out and try them. It should be said that almost none of your questions fit into that category, though. I just skimmed through them again... and I really only saw two which could potentially been tested ("How does aperture priority work?" & "DOF questions. The greater the depth the more detail? The larger the aperture, the higher the DOF?") One of the most amazing aspects of digital over film is that you can take pictures with reckless abandon. Take the picture with 4 different apertures and see how it looks. It accelerates learning... and learning is required with photography. Luckily you look like you want to learn, so you pictures will get better because of it.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2003, 3:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
One of the most amazing aspects of digital over film is that you can take pictures with reckless abandon. Take the picture with 4 different apertures and see how it looks. It accelerates learning... and learning is required with photography. Luckily you look like you want to learn, so you pictures will get better because of it.
I remember for one assignment I did I took 80 shots of the same subject using different shutter speeds, f-stops, ISOs, etc. until I got the effect I wanted (but that was a creative one where I used hot pixels as a benefit).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2003, 2:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
One of the most amazing aspects of digital over film is that you can take pictures with reckless abandon. Take the picture with 4 different apertures and see how it looks. It accelerates learning... and learning is required with photography. Luckily you look like you want to learn, so you pictures will get better because of it.
I remember for one assignment I did I took 80 shots of the same subject using different shutter speeds, f-stops, ISOs, etc. until I got the effect I wanted (but that was a creative one where I used hot pixels as a benefit).
I'm going to have to do that. I'm so happy I found this site, now I have another hobby!