Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 26, 2006, 3:19 PM   #1

Can somone explain to me,after burning pictures to a CD-R, and I go to view them on the CD-R, they are half there. I am taking the best resolution with my Canon Powershot A-520. I also burned them to CD-R at 2x speed. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing this! Can someone shed some light on this problem?
ajchatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2006, 4:29 PM   #2

What program are you using to burn them? I had the same problem using Roxio 7, then went back to Roxio 5 and have not had any problems since.
nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 6:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I am using Roxio 5.0. I had run tests on both of my CDs. One is a burner, and the other is just a CD-rom. I hadn't run tests on my Hard drives though, to see how fast they could transfer data. Do you think that might cause my problem?
ajchatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2006, 10:03 PM   #4

Unless your hard drive is about to fail the transfer rate isn't the problem. You would probably have noticed that severe a problem with other things.

Some burners make their most accurate burns at intermediate speeds. Try something in the middle toward the high end.

If you are using XP try the built in burning software. Just copy/paste or drag your images to the drive that is your burner. The XP software will open when you click on the balloon with the images in the box. You can paste or drag additional images into the box or to the drive. Once all of the files are in the folder go File > Write these files to CD.

You might also try another brand of blank CD. Sometimes they get a bad batch, but the software usually reports a bad burn.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 3:37 PM   #5
E.T

slipe wrote:
Quote:
You might also try another brand of blank CD.* Sometimes they get a bad batch, but the software usually reports a bad burn.
Just a batch?
Some discs are such scheisse that they shouldn't have gone farther from factory than closest garbage dumb.

If there's problem in reading data from CD-R then drive should keep cosntant breaking and accelerating noises when it slows down reading speed and then accelerates again.
If that isn't in question then there's some other phase in which data was corrupted.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote