Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:42 PM   #1

Default Lowepro Orion Mini

I was thinking about getting the Lowepro Orion Mini "hip-pack" type camera case. Does anyone have any experience with this case? I am looking at it online and the pictures do not answer all of my questions.

Basically, I wanted to know what it looks like on the inside, and what about pockets? The mess pockets on the outside look like they are not secured and I am afraid anything I put in them will fall out.

Thank you
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:58 PM   #2

I don't have that pack, but I considered it. In the end, I ruled it out because it was too small for my needs (for the non-camera stuff.) I believe that the mesh pockets are secured, but I don't recall. I didn't look at that as much, because of its size.

The Orion AW is a nice pack which is larger, but it's two pieces. This has a benefit, in that you can rotate the camera part infront of you for quick access. On the other hand, I already have a large backpack, so if I wanted a "two piece" thing, I'd just buy a waist pouch.

My suggestion is to call around to shops near you (if possible) and see if any carry LowePro stuff. In the end, you'll want to see the bag before you buy it anyways. At least I would, bags have to be comfortable and fit you well.... so you'll want to try them on.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2003, 9:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
My suggestion is to call around to shops near you (if possible) and see if any carry LowePro stuff. In the end, you'll want to see the bag before you buy it anyways. At least I would, bags have to be comfortable and fit you well.... so you'll want to try them on.
I think that is what I will end up doing. I don't have many camera stores around where I live, that is why I shop online, but you (and many other people) are probably right about going into a store and looking at the product. I'll probably be much happier in the long run!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2003, 9:15 AM   #4

The lowepro web site has a store locator. You give it your zipcode, and it will tell you who resells their stuff. I just tested it and they listed the four places around me which I believed to carry their stuff.

Their site also organizes their bags in different ways, to aid in finding what you want. It's very handy. Depending on what you are looking for, check out the Street & Field Rover Light and Rover AW. The AW is nice because its "All Weather", which is invaluable when you need is. They are both backpack on top/camera bag on bottom designs.

Since I have their web page open, here are the links to them:

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/street/rover.htm
http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/street/rovlight.htm

Again, it should be said that I don't have either of those bags, but I found them in my research and they fit my needs (backpack & camera bag in one.) So I'm considering one of them.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote