Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 30, 2003, 7:54 AM   #1

Default Upgrade from Fuji Finepix 1300 (1.3 megapixel) advice needed

Greetings,

I purchased this camera 2 years ago for my wife and she's loved it. Im thinking about buying a newer better one to replace it. Is a 2 megapixel camera a nice jump in picture quality or do you suggest going to a 3 megapixel. I really would like to stay under $200 but I don't even know if thats possible since I haven't shopped for one in 2 years. Our current camera supports smartmedia cards and it would be nice (but not necessary if the price is right) to continue to use the ones we have.

So is it possible to purchase a better camera for under $200 and which one do you suggest?

Where would I find the best deals?

Thank You
Samduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2003, 8:26 AM   #2
SSD

Check out the Fuji 2650. It is priced at $199.00 and is a 2 MP camera. The Fuji F401 uses a Smart media card, but I am pretty sure it costs a bit more.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 4:41 PM   #3

Depends what you want in quality, and for what use. 2mp is the minimum for 8x10 prints, 3mp would be better. Do you want to sacrifice quality for a few bucks?
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2003, 5:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
Depends what you want in quality, and for what use. 2mp is the minimum for 8x10 prints, 3mp would be better. Do you want to sacrifice quality for a few bucks?
Depends on how much when you say a few bucks. How much difference is the prices between a 2 megapixel and 3 megapixel?

She uses it mainly for 5x7's would we notice a difference between a 2 and 3 megpixel camera?
Samduhman is offline   Reply With Quote