Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:47 PM   #1
Log

I am thinking of selling my camera to KEH and i was wondering how your experiences with them went? good? bad? would you deal with them again?... does anyone know how you get your money? via paypal maybe? anyways... your input is thanked.

Logan
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:51 PM   #2
Administrator

Keh is a fantastic vendor if you're buying from them (great prices, conservative ratings).

But, to do that good, that means they must be buying gear at very low prices (I've never tried to sell them gear). ;-)

So, I suspect you'd do better on Ebay.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:04 PM   #3
Log

well, i considered that option... ebay that is... and my camera is selling for about 145-155 avg... and KEH is buying at 139 so i figured... why go through the hassle of waiting a week and hoping it meets the reserve and then shipping when it may take longer... (not many selling higher then 150) when i can sell it now and get the money....?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Logan

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"PS.... OH and Jim.... like i asked in the previous post... do you know how you recieve the money? couldnt find on the website right away and didnt want to waste too much time before deciding to sell there...
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:06 PM   #4
Administrator

I don't know how they work it (I've never sold anything to them). But, they are a very reputable vendor based on my experience with them (I've bought from them from time to time for years).

Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:44 PM   #5
Log

thanks for your help Jim

-Logan
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:38 AM   #6

I don't know that KEH will be any quicker. You'll still have to ship the item in a secure, trackable way, wait for them to evaluate it, and then send you the check. I suppose if you just want credit to purchase more stuff, the turnaround would be quicker. Also, there's no guarentee that they will agree with the condition that you told them the camera was in. Stuff they sell is generall in better condition than they have it rated...I've bought stuff rated as good that looked brand new. I'd be afraid they may be a bit conservative, and you may get less than you expected. This is just conjecture as I've never actually sold them anything.

To second the point, they are a great vendor to buy from.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:57 AM   #7
Administrator

Yes... I've bought lenses from KEH rated as "bargain" that were in as good or better condition than a lens bought from Adorama in Excellent - conditioin.

They've got the most conservative ratings around (if you're buying gear from them), based on my experience with them.

So, if you're selling gear to them, it would make sense that they're going to rate it that low, and you may not get as much as you think. But, I have no experience selling anything to them. Ebay is probably your best bet for selling gear.

Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:57 AM   #8
Log

well, since i highly regard your oppinions at what i really should do (what would be the better choice) i just posted my camera equipment on ebay...

Logan