Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:32 AM   #1

I am about to purchase my first dSLR that is Nikon D50. The problem arises when I asked the price of the camera from a Nikon authorized dealer in my country (Pakistan). The price is US$900 with single lens kit. But on internet companies are selling D50 with single lens kit between the price range of US$600 to $750. Is there any difference between the two or is the D50 selling at internet has no warranty or something of low quality. I am really confused as to where to buy the camera as I can save quite a big amount on internet shopping.

Anyone please help me. :sad:
asim24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:47 AM   #2
rey

Are you looking at internet stores in Pakistan? I can't really comment about their online stores. In the US, retail stores are selling the D50 for $700 with one lens (18-55mm), while authorized online stores are selling them for around $600. In the US, assuming the stores are legitimate, both are selling them with all warranty. The scammers in the US are selling them for $500 new with lens or even less. These are the stores that take your money, and you never get your camera.

My guess is, the reason the store in your country are selling the D50 for much more is because the volume of sales is much less.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 3:55 AM   #3

Yes Rey you are right. In Pakistan sales volume is very low specially of dSLRs. And secondly there are no internet stores which sells dSLR cams. But if I order D50 from internet store in US I suspect that the shipping cost along with the original cost of camera will be around $800, and then I would get the US warranty which means in case of any fault I would have to send the D50 back to US to claim my warranty. What do you say?

And can you tell me a good store which ships D50 to Pakistan and has a good reputation and is not like scammers.

I appreciate your reply.
asim24 is offline   Reply With Quote