Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 18, 2006, 4:52 PM   #1

Hey everyone,

So a few months ago, probably about 3, I bought the Canon A610 and everything was fine until a few days ago I noticed the cap of the shutter button fell off and I found it on the ground somewhere.

Pictures of the cap itself.

I would love to show you guys what the button looks like without the cap on but I can't seem to find a way to. Anyway my question is.. What should I do? Should I try to put a small drop of krazy glue on the cap and glue it back on? Bring it back to where I bought it from? Just leave it off? Camera still works but now it just looks odd and seems like stuff could get into the spaces.

Thanks a bunch.
loveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2006, 8:52 PM   #2

krazy glue sounds messy.. ive never had any luck with it. if both surfaces are flat.. id use scotch double sided tape -- its real strong.. but i dont know how the camera hole looks without the button.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:33 PM   #3

Just put a drop of the glue on a tooth pick and then transfer it to the cap. That way you will have more control of how much glue you are using and it won't squash out and glue the button where you don't want it stuck. It will not take much to hold it so don't get to carried away using to much glue. A drop will do just fine.

Ronnie,
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 10:47 PM   #4

It's flat but the camera button has semicular holes and stuff without the cap. Maybe I'll try the double sided tape thingbut I'm worried that it'll be lose and "floppy".

I tried taking pictures of the camera button but not much luck.. but here's an idea, I guess.

Old Jun 19, 2006, 7:14 AM   #5

One word.......VELCRO!
BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:15 PM   #6

But won't there be too much of a space in between? It'll look weird with it protruding.