Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 28, 2006, 7:56 AM   #1

I'm sure many people have had thiis problem and after doing a search through the forum I couldn't find anything recent so was hoping somebody had some suggestions. I took my new Canon SD600 on a trip and for most times when I couldn't see the LCD screen because of the sun it wasn't a problem because I could use the viewfinder. However, I wanted to do some panoramic shots and that required the LCD screen. Totally out of luck there. Luckily I had brought along my Canon S2 IS too and with that viewfinder (which is digital) I was able to do it.

Even changing settings on the SD600 was difficult when no shade was around. So how can I use the SD600 out in the sun?

Jeff
dcwebman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2006, 3:57 PM   #2

they do sell sunshades for lcd screens, they stick over the screen and the shade pops up to sheild most of the light, there is also a bellows type screen too that simply pulls out, try google for lcd sunshade or ebay
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 6:53 PM   #3

Yes, years ago I owned a hoodman which wasn't that helpful. I was hoping there was something new these days since most small point & shoot cameras rely heavily on their LCD screens.
dcwebman is offline   Reply With Quote