Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:28 AM   #1

:?

Hello everyone

I borrowed a Canon A310 a while ago and found it very difficult to use due to too much information crammed into a small space. I am now considering getting an A620 or A700.

Does moving up the price range buy an easier to use, clearer model please? I am new to digital photography so unsure if this is the case or not.

Please tell me if I should just abandon getting a Powershot? I've heard so much about them - surely they can't all be as fiddly as the A310?

Hoping to hear

Catperson
catperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2006, 1:28 AM   #2

I bought an A700 as a complete photography newbie (it was my first camera). There are a lot of features crammed in there, but I found it very easy to use and in no time at all I've been able to take pictures I'm very happy with. If you're willing to experiment and consult the manual from time to time I don't think you should have any problems.
Kitantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 7:21 AM   #3

Thanks for that - just going to the shop now actually - to have a look! Still, it's much better to have an assessment from someone who actually has one - the sales guys have an obvious stake in telling you things are great! :-)
catperson is offline   Reply With Quote