Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:27 AM   #1

I have a Casio EX-Z750 that seems to have locked up. The battery is fully charged, but the camera will not power up when the power button is pushed. I wastransfering some files from the camera to the PC when I got a message telling me that a specific file name could not be copied and that I should check the path. I cancelled the copying. From that point on, the camera would do nothing. The PC doesn't recognize it as a USB device and says that drivers are not installed.

Can anyone help me get this thing running again. I am currently in China on business and I really need the camera to operate.

Thanks.
FDSJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2006, 4:14 PM   #2
DBB

FDSJr wrote:
Quote:
I have a Casio EX-Z750 that seems to have locked up. The battery is fully charged, but the camera will not power up when the power button is pushed. I was transfering some files from the camera to the PC when I got a message telling me that a specific file name could not be copied and that I should check the path. I cancelled the copying. From that point on, the camera would do nothing. The PC doesn't recognize it as a USB device and says that drivers are not installed.

Can anyone help me get this thing running again. I am currently in China on business and I really need the camera to operate.

Thanks.
Other then trying new batteries, I would suggest that the camera is broken. Just because the batteries WERE charged, doesn't mean they ARE charged. Try some alkaline batteries, if you don't have another set of Nimh's.

If that doesn't get it to go on - Well, life can be brutal.

Dave
DBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 12:17 AM   #3

The Z750 won't accept alkalines. It uses a little rectangular proprietary lithium battery.

If you are carrying the cradle with you there is a little trap if you are new to the camera. The light is poorly designed IMO. If you download you have a green light that lights the right side of the indicator. When you go out of download mode the other half of the light becomes active. It is easy for people new to the camera to think the battery is charged when it isn't. The green charged light looks just like the download light except it is centered on the right rather than the left side of the indicator.

Assuming the battery is fully charged there could be a problem with the memory card. Pull the memory card out and try accessing the camera. That uses the internal memory and would give you an indication of card problems if the camera works OK on internal memory.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote