Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 15, 2003, 5:43 AM   #1

Default New Camera Purchase. Need Advice.

I'm looking to buy a new digital camera and I've decided on the Nikon CoolPix 3100 with the good possiblity I may decide to go for the next level where I'm undecided between the Nikon CoolPix 4300 or the Olympus C-4000 Zoom cameras. Can anyone offer me any suggestions, experiences, etc as to which of these two would be the better purchase?
TedEBearNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2003, 3:28 PM   #2

If you don't mind smart media cards, I'd go with the oly c4000. It truly is a great camera with tons of manual features and such.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 4:29 PM   #3

I prefer the Olympus C4000. The smart media card prices have dropped to under $40 for 128mb. That will be about 130 pics before downloading. Look at www.newegg.com for smart media card prices here is the link http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ne+smart+media

I use Dane cards and have had good success with them.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2003, 1:10 AM   #4

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and purchased the Olympus. As luck would have it, when I went back to the store to get it they had knocked down the price another $50 as the only one they had left was the floor demo. I got it for the same price they were asking for the Nikon CoolPix 3100. The only thing wrong with it was the lens cap was missing but they had put an extra memory card in the box so I guess that's a fair trade. I went ahead and ordered one of the lens covers mentioned in the review. Now, I just have to learn how to use it as I'm a rank amateur. LOL
TedEBearNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2003, 2:30 AM   #5

Hope to see you in the Olympus forum then.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote