Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:36 AM   #1

Hello all!!

I have been searching the internet for a compact with manual apeture and shutter settings on a . I had the sony DSC W1, which had 2 manual apetures and then manual shutter speeds then my dad liked it and took it!! (I liked these options because you coudl do those night shots and swing a lighter in front of the camera to create shapes!)

Now I want something very similar but most of the literature does not specify you can manually set the apeture and shutter speeds. I have looked at the DSC w17, but its discontinued and the ones I have found are quite expensive.

The other Sony's - N1,T30,W30,W70, W100 do not seem to have the manual option- IS THAT CORRECT??? Can't figure it out from what I've been reading!

AmI being thick??

Any suggestiosn on a good 7ish Meg camera with these options? Or can a SONY expert let me know if the ones I've looked at have these settings.

Cheers
tatoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:55 PM   #2

You might look at the Casio Z860. It has full manual exposure plus aperture and shutter priority. It also has a full 60 seconds in manual and manual focus. The control setup is excellent and it is extremely configurable with 5 levels each for saturation, sharpening and contrast. It lets you determine which items stay the same and which reset to default when you turn the camera off and back on. You can also reprogram some of the buttons. It also has both a 2.5 inch LCD and an optical viewfinder in an amazingly small camera.

The older Z750 has all of those features and a better sensor which takes nicer movies. But the Z850 has a stronger flash, takes 3 full sized flash pictures in a second, has a movie light and an excellent burst mode. The LCD can also be set brighter for outdoors. The Z750 doesn't have any of those features. Both have good lenses and resolution.

Both are also limited to two apertures in aperture priority and manual though.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:33 AM   #3

thanks slipe- had a quick look at that- it looks good- will look into more detail when I get home. One thing I couldn't tell is that does this one have the cradle that the other exilims have?
I'll check later on!
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:19 AM   #4

well I went and looked at cameras in Jessops!

Settled on the Fuji E900! Arrives in a couple of days!