Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 11, 2006, 4:59 PM   #1

I have a Canon20D which, as some of you already know, only has a 1.5" LCD screen. Sometimes I cant really tell if I got the shot I wanted or not, and sometimes the shot I thought I got turned out to be complete crap. So Iwas looking fora viewer with alarger screen to view my shots in the field, and I need one that accepts CF-II cards.

The three that I've been looking at are the Creative Zen Vision, the Archos AV500and the Epson P-2000...all have big screen size, amazing resolution, and accept CF cards...but I really dont really need the MP3 or video player. I thought about going with a PDA, but they can get pretty expensive and I dont know which onewould havethe best resolution for viewing pics (or showing them off)...and I dont think I'd ever use the additional features. However, I've seen ones like the Dell Axim X51 brand new for around $200 on ebay...that's DEFINITELY in my price range!!

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I want at least a 3" screen, and I dont have the room (nor the budget) for a laptop or notebook. I just want someting (under $400) to view and share my digital pics.

Thanks

Point-N-Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:36 PM   #2

Look here:

http://www.photo-control.com/camerz_video_viewer.asp
Old Aug 12, 2006, 6:45 PM   #3

Computer shows usually have loads of used and refurbished notebooks in your price range. Some are quite small with screens that make them worthwhile. If they don't have a card reader you can get PCMCIA CF adapters for $6 online. Or a USB reader for less than $20.

This is the first one I ran across on Ebay. It is closed but they come up often in that price range: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Vaio-PCG-14...QQcmdZViewItem

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 2:52 AM   #4

Kalypso wrote:
Gee, and only$1200.00 each...maybe I should get two!!:roll:

Thanks for the link, but I guess you didn't notice the last sentence of my post above...the part about "UNDER $400".
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:17 AM   #5

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Computer shows usually have loads of used and refurbished notebooks in your price range. Some are quite small with screens that make them worthwhile. If they don't have a card reader you can get PCMCIA CF adapters for $6 online. Or a USB reader for less than $20.

This is the first one I ran across on Ebay. It is closed but they come up often in that price range: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Vaio-PCG-14...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, the screen would be worthwhile...but I've been down the "usedcomputer" route before. The DellLatitude P3 I boughtoff eBay lasted a whopping 3-months before taking a dump...I am nowthe proud ownera $400 paperweight. Also, the included (original) batteryis usually DOA on used laptops...so your looking at an additional purchase right off the bat.

The other problem (aside from the bulky size)is thatI would grow old waiting forthat Sony notebook's600mHz procand 128Mb of ram (running Windows ME)to load even compressed photos, let alone raw images.

I think I may go for the Dell PDA I found, it received decent reviews on the web.

Thanks for the input.