Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 21, 2003, 7:36 AM   #1

Default Nikon Coolpix 2100 or Canon Powershot A60

Hi everybody, i'm fabio, i'm italian so sorry for my english! a
I don't know many things about digital camera but you know many many things so i ask you to help me:

i've got to decide to buy a digital camera between Canon PowerShot A60 and Nikon Coolpix 2100, wich of this 2 digital camera i have to buy and why?The price is not important.

Please help me!
Thank you,
Fabio
fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2003, 7:43 AM   #2

It would help if u post what you are lloking for from the camera - what is important and what is not

Good luck

Rgds

Stef
stefank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 10:08 AM   #3

Exactly...no one here can tell you what camera to buy if you don't say what you need in a camera. Otherwise I can tell you of a nice camera that costs only $30,000!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 11:01 AM   #4

i'm a neophita and i don't know how to use the manual option, so i need a camera simple to use, but with good lens and a good quality of the pictures.
I know that the 2 cameras (nikon and canon) have the same specifications, and the making video for me is not important (eventually i buy a videocamera ).
But if you have to decide between this or that camera?
I need only a personal suggest (and why)
Thank's, Fabio
fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 9:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio
i'm a neophita and i don't know how to use the manual option, so i need a camera simple to use, but with good lens and a good quality of the pictures.
I know that the 2 cameras (nikon and canon) have the same specifications, and the making video for me is not important (eventually i buy a videocamera ).
But if you have to decide between this or that camera?
I need only a personal suggest (and why)
Thank's, Fabio
Nikon: You'll probably get slightly sharper pictures, really good macros, and the scene modes are handy if you don't like to mess around with manual controls.

Canon: The batteries will last a lot longer, may have slightly better indoor focusing and low light capability, lots of manual capabilities if you need or want.

I have the A40, the predecessor of the A60, and I love everything about it except that the pictures have annoyingly "soft" focus, even in good light conditions. That's something you rarely hear about a Nikon.
BackroadRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 8:47 PM   #6

Also, the canon has the option of just and shoot and manual, should you ever want more control. When comparing two comparable cameras such as these, though, it is important that you try out the cameras for yourself and see which one feels better to you and which one you instinctually like better.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote