Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:11 AM   #21
Administrator

acs55812 wrote:
Quote:
Now lets add a place called RoyalCamera.com to this question---I will start a new thread if thats the correct way or we can just continue here.
You don't need to start a new thread. They've been around for years and are located in Brooklyn.

Just use resellerratings.com to check out vendors, as mentioned in previous posts here. You can see customer feedback for Royal Camera here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895.html

If a price looks too good to be true, it probably is.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:53 PM   #22

>well it looks like I was lucky not to deal with these folks, even tho at
>one price comparison sitethey "supossedly" have 1312 reviews and
>a 6 star rating, I don't believe that site.

You are referring to everyprice.com. All the reviews are phony.There are several other sites run out of Brooklyn where the vendors pay to be listed, and all the reviews are glowing. I'm hoping that SheddingSomeLight.com will do a review of them.

The reason you see no history onTheDigitalExpo.comat ResellerRatings.com is they have only been using this domain name since about some time in June.

donwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:09 PM   #23
rey

donwiss wrote:
Quote:
>well it looks like I was lucky not to deal with these folks, even tho at
>one price comparison sitethey "supossedly" have 1312 reviews and
>a 6 star rating, I don't believe that site.

You are referring to everyprice.com. All the reviews are phony.There are several other sites run out of Brooklyn where the vendors pay to be listed, and all the reviews are glowing. I'm hoping that SheddingSomeLight.com will do a review of them.

The reason you see no history onTheDigitalExpo.comat ResellerRatings.com is they have only been using this domain name since about some time in June.

Are you the real Don Wiss? from donwiss.com?

If so, I hope you don't mind me linking your Brooklyn page to here. I've done it several times and I'm sure you got a lot of hit coming from here.

Thanks for posting those images, it's really fun to see the actual store pictures.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:03 PM   #24

>Are you the real Don Wiss? from donwiss.com?

Yes, it is me. You are of course welcome to post links to my pages. I ended up here as I was looking for evidence to connect The Digital Expo to my Starlight/Wawa picture. I had previously seen them linked to this address at RipOffReports.

Until I found that TheDigitalExpo.com was at 83 Ave. O I was going to post theapartment buildingthat the whois has. Now I won't.

I'm right now adding some pictures. I've decided to cap the page at the 253 it now has. (I should have capped sooner.) So new pictures will be replacing unimportant pictures. Non-cameras, non-electronics, and not linked to.

And please e-mail me on any new names that I don't have. After this evening I should be caught up, but new ones pop up all the time.
donwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:14 PM   #25

UPDATE 9-08-06 Well a few phone calls over the past couple of weeks, just for fun. Well, here is a update on their scam. 1) Called and asked about my order not being shipped. They said it was now on back-order & the item I ordered was refurbished & not new. They wanted to sell me another camera but I told them I wanted the camera that is currently on their web site as AVAILABLE & for the price that is advertised (still). No sale from them. I called back a week later & asked how is my order progressing & they said that my camera is back-ordered for at least 6 months, but they can sell me a new one for $385 (much more than you can buy them in the store locally). Well, there you have it. Don't waste your time but you can drop a line to NY Better Business Bureau & maybe the Brooklyn State Attorneys Office!
:P Thank You Don Wiss (donwiss.com) 4 all Ur' good work! Been reading U for 1 year!!
hotbikehgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:04 PM   #26

Use B&H. Stay away from the rest.
KCMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:16 PM   #27

DO NOT BUY FROM DIGITAL EXPO!!

Ordered a camera, called to confirm the order. The guy asked me why I didn't buy an extra battery, when I told him I didn't want an extra battery, he said I had an attitude and he was cancelling my order. Boy, am I glad he did. I went out and cancelled my one use credit card number ASAP!

I checked reviews before ordering, but I think the reviews on Everyprice.com are a scam. Everyone on ResellerRatings.com had the same kind of experience that I had.

How do places like this stay in business? Who do you trust?
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:37 PM   #28
Administrator

Okami wrote:
Quote:
How do places like this stay in business?
Make sure they are located in Brooklyn. :-)

They can get away with it there for some reason. I've seen reports on some of the better known Brooklyn based scammers for years (with customers reporting that they contacted the Attorney General's office, etc.).

If I lived in Brooklyn, I think I'd be inclined to try and vote a few politicians out of office.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:58 PM   #29

I purchased the Sony DVR DVD and was called the very next day by Tony

who kindly told me the battery wasn't sufficient for too long of taping he also informed me of the charger I ordered takes too long to charge.

I upgraded my order and Yes I paid a little more, however my order came within 4 business days complete and satisfactory.

VERY PLEASED with the Company and would buy again!!!!

Lkiddell
Attached Images

lkiddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:35 PM   #30
Administrator

Interesting ... this last guy adds to a month old thread as a new forum member with exactly ONE post and then tells us all about his very positive experience with a known ripoff artist. Ah, the Internet, you gotta love it ... and be verysuspicious.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote