Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:41 PM   #51

Don't even think about it!! I tried to order a camera and each time a rude person came on the line. I need to ask a question about a $1,400 order I was placing and they wouldn't talk to me about it. The first sales person said wait a minute when I said I had a question before ordering. Then I was back on hold forever. The last sales person said to me when I stated I had a question first " are you going to ordera camera or what?" When I said I'm trying to order a camera, but had a question first , HE HUNG UP ON ME!

Clyde Simons Pres/CEO Next Frontier Media, LLC
csimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:48 PM   #52

Do not buy from them. They are a bait and switch. They price an item really low and then wan you to purchase additional items way over cost. If you do not, they cancel your order. They also do not respond back when you call and they do not have any address listed.

Rip -off -Say away
robin918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:27 AM   #53

Yesterday, I experienced a problem with DigitalExpo as well. After I ordered the camera online, I called to confirm the order. When I would not buy the memory card, he told me my order was cancelled. When I protested, he said, "It's my way or the highway, baby!" I too am worried about my credit card information and intend to cancel that card and get a new one. I also plan to report them to the Better Business Bureau.
anglophile30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:13 PM   #54

I tried to report them to the Better Business but because there is no address they could not process the request. Hope you can, they really should be stopped!
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:25 PM   #55
rey

robin918 wrote:
Quote:
I tried to report them to the Better Business but because there is no address they could not process the request. Hope you can, they really should be stopped!
I think this is them. The owners run several websites, some are probably expired:
http://www.bbbnewyork.org/reports/bu....aspx?id=74756

I got the info from donwiss:
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0253.htm
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 1:29 PM   #56

I will try to follow through again. Thanks.

Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:23 PM   #57

yes i have just been had.... too! i saw this nice panasonic on a price comparison site, maybe their own mockup one, read all the reviews on digitalexpo, and they were all ok, then when i called to confirm the order... they answered eventually and didnt even greet, just an irritated "Yes?", i was told i need a memory card too, i declined and the guy slammed the phone down after he said the camera was on back order. i called again and spoke to another person whom i told that their website still lists the item as "stocked" who said " you can talk until tomorrow, it is out of stock.." actually i am glad the process ended here, i would be very angry to open a box with a cheap memory card and nothing else... i did buy 'too good to be true' items from other vendors in other states and was very happy, but how does one know beforehand.... (thanks for the link to the article). there should be a consumer council or an internet consumer body regulating stuff like this, 'cause the good companies with good service are the ones suffering loss of customers too i am sure. credit card companies should have a black list of these scammers and as the payment is done ,stop everything in its tracks... will have to keep an eye on my c/card statements from now, who knows who they sell the credit info to.
firedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:09 PM   #58

I still haven't heard anything about the BB - there shouldbe a separate agency to handle online scams like this company

At least we can report our problems and opinions to site like this one!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 2:11 PM   #59

I want to thank this thread immensely from preventing me from making a big mistake. I'm going to tell what happened to me because it went a little differently for me so when others come across this thread they will know they should immediately cancel their credit card.

I did see they had a fabulous price for a camara I really wanted. I didn't think much of the low price because they are soon discontinuing it and the new one comes out next month. They had a five star rating and the reviews were great.

I made the purchase for the camara only giving all the necessary information. I too received the email stating I needed to contact them for confirmation. I knew immediately it was because they were going to sell me something more. This was yesterday. I didn't call to confirm because it was Saturday and they weren't open until today (Sunday)

I wanted to know where they were located to have an idea on how long it would take them to ship so I googled thedigitalexpo and came across this thread. I immediately I made a mistake. I noted that many people above cancelled their credit cards, no one made mention of what happens if you don't.

I was hesitant to cancel my card, it's my debit/credit card for my checking account and I'm going out of town this weekend. I decided ultimately it wasn't worth the risk and do as everyone else did, cancel the card. Mind you this is BEFORE I ever spoke to anyone at the digital expo.

I got phone call from someone from J and J digital wanting to confirm my purchase. I quickly told him I would like to cancel the order. He asked why and I told him I later read really bad reviews on the internet and I was no longer comfortable buying from him. He was very irritated and said that was fine but he was going to charge me a 20% cancellation fee. I told him that wasn't possible because I already cancelled my credit card. He said it was too late he already charged me. I told him it wasn't possible because I already cancelled my card several hours ago. I knew he was bluffing because why would he have charged me a cancellation fee prior to the phone call? You could tell he was so ticked on the other end, I actually had a hard time not laughing. Now I wasn't rude the whole time, just matter of fact. If he would have had good customer service he would have nicely said something like "what can I do to bring your business back or make this better for you?". Instead I was threatened with a fee from a really angry guy.

This whole thing shakes me up a little, I buy a ton of stuff over the internet but this is a lesson well learned.

Thank everyone for shedding some light on this company.
justjody is offline   Reply With Quote