Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:06 PM   #1

In digital alone I have threecamera bodies and many lenses in all shapes and sizes.Is there a big bag or case I can get to store everything when not in use.

I have no problem storing them in the several bags I own as far as protection, but I lose track of which lens is in which bag. Is there a more efficient method of storingall my equipment.

I guess I could dedicate a closetshelf for storage of my equipment out of the bags, but I'm afraid someone else might get clumsy with my equipment. I realize I might not be able to get everything in one package, butmaybe the best thing might be a separate case just for the lenses.

I am open to any and all suggestions and the solution doesn't necessarily have to include a case for travel since I can justsplit everything upinto 2 or 3 bags when I am ready.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:22 AM   #2

I don't travel a lot but with 2 bodies, 3 lenses. flashes, brackets, etc. I decided to invest in 2 hard cases (model 1011) from Amvona. Reinforced corners, shoulder straps, diced foam insert (so stuff doesn't bounce around)...with the investment I have in equipment it was the only choice. I do have a Lowepro shoulder-holster bag for walkaround use, but when stored in my office all is protected in aluminum. They sell for @ $50 (US) plus shippingon the Amvona site but I got them on ebay for @ $36 each (+ $14 shipping so the result was $50...I basically saved the shipping on the retail price). Look up "Aluminum case 1011" on ebay. They have lots of them out there.

stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:38 AM   #3

stowaway7 wrote:
Quote:
I don't travel a lot but with 2 bodies, 3 lenses. flashes, brackets, etc. I decided to invest in 2 hard cases (model 1011) from Amvona. Reinforced corners, shoulder straps, diced foam insert (so stuff doesn't bounce around)...with the investment I have in equipment it was the only choice. I do have a Lowepro shoulder-holster bag for walkaround use, but when stored in my office all is protected in aluminum. They sell for @ $50 (US) plus shippingon the Amvona site but I got them on ebay for @ $36 each (+ $14 shipping so the result was $50...I basically saved the shipping on the retail price). Look up "Aluminum case 1011" on ebay. They have lots of them out there.

Thanks, I was hoping I might be able to get something to store more than one body and all the lenses. I am not as concerned about equipment protection because my lowepros protect it well enough at home. At least I feel the bags provide enough padding. The actual benefit I am looking for is to be able to pick out the lenses or other accessoriesI want without having to search each bag to find something. In fact, If I can't store the camera bodies, that would be fine. I'm thinking one big case to store all lenses and accessories would do it. I have some ABS cases designed for equipment storage at work. Maybe I can just buy or make padded inserts for the cases I already have.

By the way, I find it amusing that the response I got to a post about storing stuff comes fromgoing by the name of stowaway. :lol:
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:11 PM   #4

stowaway7 wrote:
Quote:

I just looked at them on EBay and they might just fit the bill. I didn't realize that you could customize the interior to suit your individual needs.