Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:41 PM   #1

I have a gallery on my website. I have been adding my "best" photographs from my trip. I have run into a bit of a stalemate on these two images. I don't know if their quality matches the photos already online. Please let me know if they should be included, in your opinion, or not. I could go either way with these.

My gallery is here: www.mattspinelli.com/gallery.html

Canadate #1: is a "light at the end of the tunnel" type shot and is similar to my "Versailles Hallway" shot in the gallery. Is the below shot too blane to be including in the gallery? Or is it still a great shot that would stand up to what is already there.

Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:43 PM   #2

Canadate #2. No other shot in the gallery is like this one but is it too busy or is it a great shot?

BTW, I realize that this is subjective and opinons differ, but I find it hard to know sometimes when to add a shot and when not to considering the goal of my gallery is to display my best shots.

Attached Images

nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:15 PM   #3

#1: The arched symmetry is nice but you appear to have 2 similar representations in your gallery (yes, I looked) already.Nice shot but a bit redundant.

#2: I like the juxtaposition of the gentle curved lines in the steelvs. the sharp angular zig-zag of the crowd. Makes your eyes go all over the image (your concern about "too busy"), but itreally works for this shot.I found my focus jumping from curve to angle and back again.Include it as a demonstration of artistic talent, so you're not just noted for sunsets, nature photos, landscapes, etc.

stowaway7 is offline   Reply With Quote