Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 30, 2006, 1:59 PM   #1

:|

Hello. I am new to posting photos on the web. I have Photoshop CS2 (just completed a class to familiarize myself with the basics) and I have Dream Weaver 8 (unfamiliar). I will be starting up a website and would like to post slideshows there as well embed pictures on different pages. I know Dream Weaver will let me embed pictures, but can it put slideshows in websites? Or do I need some other software?

Thanks in advance!
macklanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:11 PM   #2

there are addons for dreamweaver so am sure that u can do slide shows, but there is also dedicated slideshow software that u can itegrate into your website

i use photoshop and imageready along with dreamweaver and fireworks to make my site, but dont use slideshows at all so cannot give more detail

my site is at www.hd7.co.uk took a fair few hours to come up with layout...get it working etc.......still not finished

Gary

ps just photoshop cs2 v9.0 (and imageready) used for layout then built in dreamweaver
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 1:42 AM   #3

Thanks for the information. I hope to have my website up in the next few weeks. I will look into ImageReady and the dedicated slideshow software. Also I visited your site, I like the layout and the pictures are great!

I've been to the UK 3 times. I worked for Blue Circle Cement for a number of years. I've been to Canterbury(loved it), Westbury, London (of course), Kent, Edinburgh (could have lived here), Wales, Cornwall, Glasglow & Stirling - couldn't visit Scotland and not visit Stirling Castle to see the William Wallace monument. Thoroughly enjoyed myself & claim part Scottish heritage (McPherson/Clan MacPherson - Touch not the Cat without a Glove). Friends live in Wales & Derbyshire so I will be back.

Take care.
macklanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 11:14 AM   #4

just a quick bit of extra info

image ready come with photoshop..........at the bottom of tool menu is an icon to switch from photoshop to image ready.

image ready lets u make animations, rollovers, and slice a picture for a image map.

the layout for my site was layed out as a jpeg in photoshop, then switched into image ready to "slice" up so it could be used to make a website, image ready saves the sliced and makes a html file that dreamweaver can read and u can modify to add links etc.

u visited quite a few places we have been to, also been to USA to stop with a friend in Ohio, south east corner near West Virginia, but didnt travel about much

hope u get to grips with making and runing a website, its a pretty thankless task, people think its easy till they have a go !!!!!!

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote