Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 27, 2003, 2:48 PM   #1

Default Digital Album

Can the Digital album be used on a computer with windows XP? And what kind of drive does the digial album have?
travelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2003, 8:23 PM   #2

Answers are here:

http://www.jobodigital.com/products/digital_album.htm

(double check to make sure this is the correct product because "Digital Album" is a generic term)
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2003, 9:33 PM   #3

Call me an old timer but don't you guys prefer prints??
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2003, 5:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti
Call me an old timer but don't you guys prefer prints??
"Digital Album" is more than a device for viewing pictures through a TV...the main purpose of it IMO is to store large amounts of pictures while you are travelling. That way you only need one or two memory cards, and you can keep transferring the pictures to this device when the memory card fills up as the Digital Album can have a 5, 10, or 20gig hard drive (or possibly more now).

As for your question (which can be a whole separate message on its own, it would make a great discussion), I have to say I don't prefer prints. Yes when I had film cameras I would get prints (or slides), and I have darkroom experience (some examples of prints what I did when I was a child without the use of a camera, http://www.pbase.com/mikefellh/no_camera) and have used commercial processing machines personally, but in recent years I'd just have the film itself developed and scan the negatives.

Anyway, printing the amount of pictures I take would be too expensive, and most of the pictures I don't want printed anyway...it's a lot cheaper to just store them on the PC, and then later on a CDR. It's only if I want to show someone a picture (who won't be near the computer) I'd print it out. Out of the +1000 pictures I've taken so far I may have printed out 50 of them.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote