Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > H-P

Old Jun 7, 2007, 3:22 PM   #1

Until recently, I've never had a problem with my HP Photosmart R707. I still use the original battery and still get great battery life. The photoquality is great and The camera captures pictures fast. But recently I've been experiencing some really strange behaver with it. I could go on explaining, but showing you would be so much easier.
Pictures:http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Lighting conditions really have an impact. If I take a picture at night, where the flash is the main light source, the photos are not as bad. If I take a picture outside in the daytime, the images will be mainly grey with little or no color. But for some reason Videos turn out like normal and using the screen to look around, everything looks alright.. ~~Edit: Yea, Uhh... I now realized I never actually asked any of the questions I originally made this topic to ask:?. What I forgot to ask was if anyone has any idea what could be causing this? Or if anyone has experienced something like this with another camera?

P.S. I've stored nearly 7,000 images taken with the camera, and have probably Taken(and deleted) triple that. So Its done me good for the past 2 years.
yensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:09 PM   #2

Hi - much to my anoyance, I have exactly the sme thing going on with my R707 - had no problem for 3 years and suddenly each photo image has lines, a green tint or the completely grey / featureless image. Really sad as I've had some great use out of it and carried it with me everywhere. Did you get any where with the problme, because I like the camera and don't want to spend a fortune repairing it. All the best.
keithhufton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:09 PM   #3

Hi - much to my anoyance, I have exactly the sme thing going on with my R707 - had no problem for 3 years and suddenly each photo image has lines, a green tint or the completely grey / featureless image. Really sad as I've had some great use out of it and carried it with me everywhere. Did you get any where with the problme, because I like the camera and don't want to spend a fortune repairing it. All the best.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:11 PM   #4

Old Aug 24, 2007, 7:07 AM   #5

I've got exactly the same problem with my 2-year old HP R707. From one picture to the other, it behaves exactly like you described.
HP Support offers to repair the camera, however, 'not for free'.
Did you find a solution ?

regards,

charlieMOGUL
charlieMOGUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:35 AM   #6

Hi! Just registered here. I found this forum while searching for fixes for my R707. Seems like I have a story similar to lotsa others; Mine has treated me very well for something like 3 years now. I made a stupid mistake and stuck it in my pocket while I was working on something. Was only for a few minutes, but when I took out the camera and tried taking pics I got exactly what has been described here; then I got a message about it was overheating.

Since then, everything functions normally, including the LCD screen and all it's stuff like viewfinder and menus. HP online chat support says that there is an internal hardware problem and the camera is obsolete/out of service and they cannot repair it. They offered me a discount on a new model if I return my R707. Don't want to go there because I'm quite fond of this camera. I also have a ton of photos saved with it's software in my computer, so I don't want to install new software with a new camera.

A friend also had a R707. He cracked his LCD screen, but the camera still works fine otherwise. He bought a fancy new Sony and gave me his old HP. I'm wondering if there is a way that I could swap my LCD screen into his camera to hopefully make 1 good digicam from the 2?

Thanx in advance to anybody out there who might be able to help!
gascoupe1933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 1:46 PM   #7

I just bought a pair of R707s on ebay for $40 shipped. They were listed as "parts cameras" because both were taken apart and 1 was missing the LCD screen. Can anybody out there walk me through the process of taking the LCD screen from one of these "parts" cameras and swapping it into my functional camera with a cracked screen? Thanx!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:23 AM   #8

I got a camera together and working with the parts cameras I got thru ebay. Camera seems to be fully functional. Wasn't as hard or complicated as I thought it would be!